Monday, October 25, 2004

Happy Monday everyone! I wish it was the weekend. Philip and I had a grand ole time at the game. Go and check out Wendy's pics on catknits for pics of the game.

I started on Philip's fair isle stocking this weekend and I am making really good progress on it. I am over halfway done with the leg part. Fair isle is a lot easier than what I thought it was going to be. I am still having some small issues with changing colors when I am doing the stripes, but I think that will come out with the blocking. The biggest pain is how much the balls of yarn twist. But, it looks good so I can suffer through it!

I made myself the fingerless gloves from Weekend Knitting as well this weekend. What a quick knit! I wore them to work today and it was great! My office is so cold and typing is no fun!

I went to a used bookstore today and found 2 knitting books. I was thrilled! Mary Thomas's Book on Knitting and Knitting Made Easy. Mary Thomas's book was originally printed in 1938 and this copy is from the 70's. It is adorable. The other book is pretty cute too. I am off to read some and drink some tea!

Happy Knitting and War Eagle!

2 Comments:

Blogger tiffany said...

I am on my way over to do your laundry. It's going to be a long trek coming from Vancouver, BC. Please have hot tea, yarn and needles waiting upon my arrival.

I haven't conquered fair isle yet, to be honest, I am quite intimidated. I just have to get over the hump and give it a try. I would like to make something fair isle or inersia to felt.

Dontcha love finding knitting books in used bookstore?!! :D

Tiffany
http://20six.co.uk/princessknits

2:20 PM  
Blogger Tam said...

Congrats on the great finds at the used-book store. I'll have to check out our local used-book store. Thanks for stopping by my site and leaving a comment.

10:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home