Thursday, October 21, 2004

Sadly, no pictures today! I started Mom's shawl in crochet class on Monday and it looks good. I don't enjoy crochet as much as I do knitting, but for things like shawls and blankets, .it is great. I also got Philip's stocking kit from Annie's Woolens in today. I can't wait to cast on, but I need some different needles than what I have. I really need a Denise set. Hmmm.... It will be my first attempt at Fair Isle, so it should be a challenge. I am also getting close to being finished with my first sock from the Cascading Leaves pattern. I can't wait to finish one.

My exciting news! We are going to Lake Tahoe for our first anniversary! I have never been skiing before so it should be interesting! I am so excited. It is supposed to be beautiful! Oh, and you bet I have already looked up yarn stores. There is one in South Lake Tahoe where we are staying, and I will definately be paying the Wool Tree a visit!

Oh, and as I have something else to work on, but I joined the Bear Along! I have a new baby 2nd cousin that I am going to make it for him for Christmas. I have a cute little crochet pattern for an elephant, and I just can't bring myself to make anything related to an elephant during football season. Plus, his daddy (my 1st cousin) went to Bama, and I don't want to encourage poor little Aiden to go there. His parents both went there and he needs to learn better. WAR EAGLE!

I mailed out 3 RAOKs yesterday, so watch out! One could be you!

3 Comments:

Blogger tiffany said...

I can't seem to wrap my hands around crochet as easily as knitting. I wish I could though!

Thanks for the aniversary wishes - and now it sounds like yours is right around the corner! Tahoe - sounds like so much fun. I have been to Whister, BC a few times. Nothing is better than having the snow gently fall while you are sitting back in the hot tub after a good day on the slopes!

12:34 AM  
Blogger patti said...

War eagles? Is that a college in GA? I think one of the guys I was in basic training with went there!

Welcome to the bearalong from another southern gal!

7:30 AM  
Blogger Wendy G said...

Hi Gracie. The Bearalong sounds like fun. When are you going to Tahoe? I now ya'll will have a great time. We will be heading down Saturday. War Eagle!!

9:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home