Thursday, December 30, 2004

So, what I have discovered in my days off reading various knitter's blogs is this: Knitter's love lists. I have no idea why. It is just some discernable characteristic of us. Or, maybe it is the neat, sometimes orderly rows of stitches that we love so much. I love lists. When I was little, I used to have a pad of paper that my grandmother made me from her print shop with a clipboard printed on it and at the top it said "Gracie's List" with little lines and boxes to check things off. I probably gave my dolls lists of things to do. We have to have everything organized, except for maybe yarn. Mine is currently all mixed up in a big plastic tub, and I really could/should get another. So, inspired from other's blog's I have decided to make a list myself. First things first. Looking back on the year.....

Top 5 for 2004
1. Favorite needles - I love my plain, ordinary bamboos. But I have some addi turbos that I use for socks and I adore them.
2. Favorite online shop - While others have said their favorite online shops are yarn stores, I don't think I really have a favorite online yarn store. I buy from whereever. But, I do adore Inspirations Yarn. But, I think my favorite online store would be Amazon. Some knitting book is always coming to this apt.
3. Favorite finished object - Philip's Christmas stocking - I adore it.
4. Favorite yarn - Cascade 220. It is just a great yarn and I love felting with it.
5. Favorite new technique - So, this is my first year knitting, so besides learning all of the basics, I think Fair Isle is my favorite thing I have done. I love working with the different colors and seeing the patterns as they emerge.
Ok, so here comes the 2nd list. My new years knitting resolutions/suggestions/things I want to do but might not get done. (I stole this idea from Amanda at clothesknit, but I had a partial mental list in my head but I figured I would put it down so I might do some of it). Lots of times, lists can give me a complex because I stress too much about them. But I decided these could be suggestions and not a formal list and don't have to get done. Ok, so the thesis and moving have to get done, but nothing else!
2005 Suggestions
1. Finish Alison's crochet shawl
2. Finish the Ribby Cardi - I'm getting close to done with it!
3. Finish Peppermint Twist
4. Finish up my scarf swap scarf
5. Make April's baby a blanket (I have the yarn already).
6. Finish the rest of the 2nd cascading leaf sock.
7. Make some Auburn socks with the Opal yarn that Wendy gave me. (I have a design in my head, I just have to figure it out.)
8. Make a bolero jacket/shrug
9. Make some baby booties for a friend
10. Learn how to spin
11. Try (notice I said try) and not buy any yarn until the aformentioned things that I have yarn for have been knitted
12. Make the Michael Kors' cardigan in the VK pattern that I have
13. Make/Keep a knitting journal
14. Get my knitting things better organized
15. Try and not loose any needles
And, for more personal things....
1. Work out often and get myself back in better shape
2. WRITE MY THESIS!!
3. Keep the apt organized and start packing for our move (where ever we end up!)
Ok, that is enough for now.
But, exciting news! I finished the left front yesterday and it is blocking on the floor now! I am working on the sleeves and should hopefully have those done soon. I am moving along on this Ribby Cardi and I may have one thing checked off my list.

8 Comments:

Blogger IndigoMuse said...

Heya Chickie!

I guess our teams meet up next week. I understand that Auburn is quite a force to be reckoned with so I'm looking forward to what I hope is a good game. Enjoy the rest of your break and when you're ready to spin in 2005, I'll be happy to enable you :)

Tanya

11:22 PM  
Blogger amanda said...

sleeves!!!! arrrrgh! i've been abandoned on sleeve island. should finish #1 tonight and hopefully start #2 tomorrow. can't wait to see yours.

8:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a a list lover too! I have my 2005 knitting list going in a unsent e-mail. I have to dig up the 2004 one and see what I can check off (a must to check off or cross out!). Bamboos are my favorite all-purpose needles. I do love my one set of swallow caseins for socks. I haven't tried Cascade 220 so it's on my list of yarns to try in 2005.

I like you new site look, Gracie! Hapy New Year!

sUsAn
http://imaginecreativenamehere.typepad.com

8:48 AM  
Blogger Elisa said...

I adore lists, too. I add things to lists after I've already completed them just so I can check them off as done. :)

The ribby cardi is coming along beautifully and you picked terrific colors. I can't wait to see it when it's a 2005 FO!

Happy New Year to your and your DH!

5:56 PM  
Blogger ttbookjunkie said...

Hi Gracie-

I was a list lover long before I was a knitter. I too can remember being very young and making lists. Perhaps that is why I took to knitting so well.

Amanda

6:46 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Gracie,
Your blog looks great. I can tell you worked hard on it. The list idea is a good idea. Hope ya'll are having a Happy New Year! War Eagle!

1:44 PM  
Blogger ttbookjunkie said...

Hi Gracie-

I just wanted to say thanks for stopping by my blog. I will not know about Grad school until Feb or March. Urgh, the wait is the hardest part.

Hope you had a great holiday!

Amanda

4:08 PM  
Blogger tiffany said...

Hi Gracie!

I am just now starting to get back into the thick of things and wanted to stop by and wish you a belated Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

I am a list-lover too! Have fun knitting up the ribby-cardi. I am sure it will look smashing on you!

~Tiffany
http://20six.co.uk/princessknits

5:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home