So, what I have discovered in my days off reading various knitter's blogs is this: Knitter's love lists. I have no idea why. It is just some discernable characteristic of us. Or, maybe it is the neat, sometimes orderly rows of stitches that we love so much. I love lists. When I was little, I used to have a pad of paper that my grandmother made me from her print shop with a clipboard printed on it and at the top it said "Gracie's List" with little lines and boxes to check things off. I probably gave my dolls lists of things to do. We have to have everything organized, except for maybe yarn. Mine is currently all mixed up in a big plastic tub, and I really could/should get another. So, inspired from other's blog's I have decided to make a list myself. First things first. Looking back on the year.....
Top 5 for 2004
1. Favorite needles - I love my plain, ordinary bamboos. But I have some addi turbos that I use for socks and I adore them.
2. Favorite online shop - While others have said their favorite online shops are yarn stores, I don't think I really have a favorite online yarn store. I buy from whereever. But, I do adore Inspirations Yarn. But, I think my favorite online store would be Amazon. Some knitting book is always coming to this apt.
3. Favorite finished object - Philip's Christmas stocking - I adore it.
4. Favorite yarn - Cascade 220. It is just a great yarn and I love felting with it.
5. Favorite new technique - So, this is my first year knitting, so besides learning all of the basics, I think Fair Isle is my favorite thing I have done. I love working with the different colors and seeing the patterns as they emerge.
Ok, so here comes the 2nd list. My new years knitting resolutions/suggestions/things I want to do but might not get done. (I stole this idea from Amanda at clothesknit, but I had a partial mental list in my head but I figured I would put it down so I might do some of it). Lots of times, lists can give me a complex because I stress too much about them. But I decided these could be suggestions and not a formal list and don't have to get done. Ok, so the thesis and moving have to get done, but nothing else!
1. Finish Alison's crochet shawl
2. Finish the Ribby Cardi - I'm getting close to done with it!
3. Finish Peppermint Twist
4. Finish up my scarf swap scarf
5. Make April's baby a blanket (I have the yarn already).
6. Finish the rest of the 2nd cascading leaf sock.
7. Make some Auburn socks with the Opal yarn that Wendy gave me. (I have a design in my head, I just have to figure it out.)
8. Make a bolero jacket/shrug
9. Make some baby booties for a friend
10. Learn how to spin
11. Try (notice I said try) and not buy any yarn until the aformentioned things that I have yarn for have been knitted
12. Make the Michael Kors' cardigan in the VK pattern that I have
13. Make/Keep a knitting journal
14. Get my knitting things better organized
15. Try and not loose any needles
And, for more personal things....
1. Work out often and get myself back in better shape
2. WRITE MY THESIS!!
3. Keep the apt organized and start packing for our move (where ever we end up!)
Ok, that is enough for now.
But, exciting news! I finished the left front yesterday and it is blocking on the floor now! I am working on the sleeves and should hopefully have those done soon. I am moving along on this Ribby Cardi and I may have one thing checked off my list.