Monday, January 03, 2005

It's finished! I just finished up the collar. I do need to put the zipper in, but I am going to have my mom do that when DH and I go to Atlanta this weekend for our neighbor's Bat Mitzvah (It is either Bat or Bar - she is a girl, and I never remember which one it is!) I have never been to one before, so I think that it will be an experience. I have babysat for her since she was 9 months old.

I am so proud of the cardi! It is actually my first sweater ever! I have been knitting a year, and I haven't done one. I think socks and other things took precendence. But, I love it!!




Pattern - Ribby Cardi
Pattern Source - Chic Knits
Yarn - Elann Highland Wool - New Leaf (sleeves) Dusty Rose (body)
Needle Size - 6 and 7
Other Notes - Overall, I think it was an easy pattern to follow. I used the mock turtleneck for the collar. I am going to wait until the zipper is put in, but I might add on to the sleeves and just do a rolled edge if they feel to short. But, overall, I am really really pleased with it! I also have 2 extra balls of the dusty rose, and my gauge was right, I think I just over bought!

But, tonight is the night of the big big game! WAR EAGLE!!!!! We are having friends over for mexican to watch the Sugar Bowl. Hopefully, we will win and be 13-0. Unfortunately, we got the shaft and we should have been in the Orange Bowl, but I'm not bitter.

WAR EAGLE!

10 Comments:

Blogger tiffany said...

Congratulations on your Ribby Cardi! The first sweater is such a triumph. Yay Gracie :D Have fun with your friends and good luck with the game - I luuuuuv mexican, num!

~Tiffany
Princess Knits

6:32 PM  
Blogger Lori said...

great colors on the sweater! I love pink/green purple/green color combos. Thanks for the welcome to FiberRAOK! :)

12:14 AM  
Blogger Lauren said...

LOVE. THE. CARDI. Great work, Graci! I bet you will wear it all the time! The colors are perfect.

... and it is bat :) Bat means daughter, and Bar means son... so Bat Mitzvah = Daughter of the Covenant. (The Hebrew did pay off!!)

6:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks marvelous! Congrats on finishing it; the zipper will be a snap!

Best regards,
Jenanne http://www.jenanne.com/blogger.htm

7:33 AM  
Blogger Elisa said...

Yay - the Ribby Cardi looks wonderful! Go you!

8:12 AM  
Blogger Renee said...

Congratulations on finishing your sweater. It's beautiful. Please post a pic of you in it once you get the zipper in. I wish I had someone to put a zipper in the cardigan I knit last year...I'm too chicken to do it myself!

8:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kudos on your lovely cardi, Gracie! Looking forward to seeing you wearing it after the zipper is installed!

sUsAn
http://imaginecreativenamehere.typepad.com

9:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great Cardie! I really love those colors. And congratulations on the game. I can sympathize on thinking you got the shaft on the BCS championship bowl since I am a USC alum. That was us last year. Luckily it didn't go down that way this year but until there is a true playoff system, the term "National Champion" will never be indisputable.

Allison
http://gumdrop.typepad.com/knitting/

10:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super cute. BTW, congrats on the big Auburn win last night!

2:26 PM  
Blogger amanda said...

gracie!!!! it looks superb! i'm still slowly chuggin' away on sleeve 2, and then will seam, do edging and add zipper. why does it seems sleeves take longer than the body? aaargh! anyway, it looks divine and congrats on the sweet (no pun intended!) victory!

4:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home