Friday, January 21, 2005

Ok, so I have decided that writing a thesis is no fun. I met with my advisor yesterday so she could look at it. I learned one thing: If you want to feel overwhelmed and like you are getting no where, go see your advisor. It was a frustrating meeting. Totally not her fault, I love my advisor, but I am just not seeing a light at the end of the tunnel with this review. It is 42 pages and I am ready to stop. I should be working on it now, but I am taking a bit of a break to post.

I am really enjoying knitting my minisweater. I am working on the back, and I have to finish up the right sleeve. I'm not sure if I am knitting the pieces in the right order, but it is looking right. I think I may use some of the Trensetter Chic that Elisa gave me to put around the arms and around the bottom of the body. I think it will look pretty cute. I'm lengthening the sleeves and I think that is taking up time. I want to finish it tonight to wear to a party tomorrow, but I don't know if that is gonna happen. We'll see.... if not I'll finish it this weekend. And, I am slowly plugging along on the scarf for the swap. I'm getting close!!

If you scroll down my sidebar, you will see 3 lovely new buttons. I joined SP4 which should be great fun! And, I am co-hostessing KRSP3 with Penny, Missy, and Claire. Jenn made our buttons. There is a post on KR about the exchange, but if you wanna join let me know!! It should be great fun!! We are doing a monthly exchange like normal, and then a bi-monthly exchange where you send gifts every other month until December. They both should be fab!

Ok, I need to get back to work. Look for pics in the next day or so!

4 Comments:

Blogger Delia said...

Yikes... i was writing my thesis at this time last year so I totally know how frustrating it can be. I have a really funny article about being a 'terminal grad student' that I should send you...

7:20 PM  
Blogger Jenifer said...

Boy, do I wish I knew how to knit when I was in grad school myself! Although I maybe wouldn't have finished my paper in time ... but still, it must be nice to take a break to have fun with some yarn and sticks ... Good luck! Jenifer http://knittingat5337.blogdrive.com

8:59 PM  
Blogger Annie said...

And this, friends, is precisely why I am ABD... Good luck to you...sign me up as a thesis cheerleader! Go Gracie! Go Gracie! Write your thesis! It's your birthday!

11:06 AM  
Blogger Elisa said...

Oh my. I'd want to be done at 42 pages, too. ;) I'm sure your thesis will be great, though, and it'll be totally worth all the aggravation once it's finally done!

7:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home