Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Secret Pal 4 Questionnaire!
1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer high- a nd/natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?
Yes and no. I am not a fan of a lot of acrylics - they squeak.
2. Do you spin? Crochet?
I crochet some, but knitting is definately my first love. Learning how to spin is on my list of things to learn this year.
3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)
Nope!
4. How long have you been knitting?
Technically for 2 years, but I have been knitting seriously for 1 1/2 years.
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Yep, I just made it!
6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
Rose and vanilla. But, I love clean smelling candles
7. Do you have a sweet tooth? Of course! I adore chocolate, skittles, twizzlers
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Knitting is my main hobby, I don't really do anything else too seriously
9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I like all kinds of music - I know that isn't too helpful. I'm writing my thesis and when I do that I either listen to classical or Harry Connick, Jr., Ray Charles, and Steve Tyrell.
10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer?
PINK!! I adore it, even though my DH says I have a lot of it. I live in the South, so everything is really bright around here.
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I have been married just over a year and I am a grad student who is busy working on her thesis! We have 2 guinea pigs Lynard and Hendrix (yes, they were named for Lynard Skinard and Jimi Hendrix)
12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know) My life dream right now is to finish my masters. Eventually, I would love to work in a children's museum or for a children's book publishing company. But, somedays I just want to be a mom.
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? I love texture and soft yarns. I don't really have a huge preference, I'll try anything once!
14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? I'm not a fan of Red Heart and I will occaisionally try a Lion Brand yarn, but mostly for baby stuff. I hate yarn that squeaks.
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s? Hmmm..... I really love knitting socks, I have so many projects. I made a Fair Isle stocking for my DH and I loved doing it!
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? Just about anything!
17. What are you knitting right now? Some Cascading Leaves socks, Peppermint Twist Sweater from SNB, I'm trying to finish some things before I pick anything else, but I just finished the minisweater and the Ribby Cardi
18. What do you think about ponchos? I like them, I made one for myself
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? I like them all!
20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? Both, it depends on what I am knitting
21. Are you a sock knitter? Yes! They are fun
22. How did you learn to knit? From books
23. How old is your oldest UFO? I started it last September - the Peppermint Twist sweater, I really am going to finish it sometime
24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird? I don't think I really have one
25. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas! and Valentines Day (mostly because of the pink)26. Is there anything that you collect? yarn of course and milk glass from the 1940's and 50's
27. Do you have an amazon wish list? Yep!

3 Comments:

Blogger Jenifer said...

Wow, you are one fast commenter, Gracie! :) Like your SP4 list ... gotta make my own, too. :)

4:22 PM  
Blogger Jenifer said...

Hey there Gracie ... me again ... hey, let me know if you want to try some Jo Sharp Aran Tweed, as I have BAGS of it that I'm *just* about to list on eBay ... tan, wine tweed, and deep burgundy colors. If interested, I'll give you more info! (And I'll sell it to you ultra- cheap ... maybe $4.00/ball?)

11:09 AM  
Blogger Jenifer said...

Hey Gracie ...

check out the Aran Tweed here: http://www.theknittinggarden.com/js-silkarantweed.htm
I have colors #122 (like my Hourglass), and #124 (sort of deep burgundy).

And then there's the Aran here: (solid colors, not tweedy) http://www.fuzzymabel.com/yarn/josharp/js_silkroadaran.shtml
I have #104 (tan), and #101 ("venetian", a deep wine).

As my husband so nicely suggested to me, I can't really knit with *all* the yarn (although I may end up trying...), so it's going. I have several bags of each color, so just let me know how much you'd like of what color, and you can pay me via paypal and I'll get it out to you!

These are good substitutes for any worsted-type project: Lamb's Pride Worsted, 1824, Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran, Noro Kureyon or Silk Garden, etc. ! :)

11:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home