Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Um, so being back in the swing of things is no fun. I just wanna be a wife again. It has been a busy 2 days and I am already ready for the weekend and it is only Tuesday. My jobs are taking over my life! I really enjoy being a grad student sometimes, but being gone from 8 to 9 at night is a long day!! Ok, so yesterday from 7-9 I was at SNB, but I still wasn't home. I had my class today and it is going to be a ton of work - 2 papers and 4 projects. Grr.... I have gotten used to not being in classes last semester and I am really trying to work a lot on my thesis, and projects take up time! Especially when in one of them we are really doing work for her so she can be prepared for a conference! I'm stopping now.

On to knitting and crochet news.....

I finished Philip's sister's shawl! Go me! A FO!!! I'll take pics of it tomorrow.... I'm tired and I can't find the camera. It is pretty, but I don't like crocheting with Lion Brand chenille. I didn't want to spend a lot of money on the yarn, so I ended up with the Lion Brand.

And, I am working on some really cute coasters for Philip's mom. I am using the afghan stitch in crochet and I am cross stitching a "B" on it. I have made one and it looks really cute. I'll take a pic of it when it finishes blocking. It's under a ton of books.

I haven't knitted the past couple of days. I'm going to work on the scarf and sock tonight. Knitting is definately my first love. Crochet is fun, but not as much.

I'm off!!!

5 Comments:

Blogger Lu said...

Welcome back!

And I remember being in grad school - best time of my life but I do not think I ever slept the whole time.

10:30 PM  
Blogger Wendy G said...

I hate it too when school and work get in the way of knitting :). The weekend will be here soon so hang in there.

7:36 AM  
Blogger Jay said...

Good thing you have knitting to keep you sane - for a few moments you can keep your hands busy, your mind occupied, and forget that you have a tonne of work to do!Horray!

2:12 PM  
Blogger tiffany said...

Hey - back to you :D

I know what you mean about being back in the swing of things... I can't seem to find any breaks in the day to knit and spin!

4:31 PM  
Blogger Elisa said...

Ah, your post made me remember fondly my last year of school when on breaks I got to be "A Lady Who Lunched". It was fabulous...

It sounds like you've got quite the schedule this semester, but I am sure you'll be stellar!

12:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home