Saturday, February 05, 2005

Ok, so I have abandoned the PT sweater.....

I cast on for this...

I have no willpower. None at all. I just couldn't resist. But, this is how it all started...

So, you know how I said on my 2005 suggestion list that I wouldn't buy any new yarn until I had knitted the sweaters that I had (excluding SP gifts and such). Well, I broke it. Flat butt broke it. Jennifer (from Knitting at 5337, go and check her out) sold me some of her Jo Sharp Silkroad Aran Tweed for so dirt cheap (because she is a nice person) that I absolutely could not resist. So, I caved. I adored this pattern and knew it wouldn't take much yarn and I thought that the Jo Sharp would look oh so lovely. I got the yarn last night and put it at the bottom of a pile of blankets so I wouldn't use it until I finished the sockapalooza socks. But, I could hear it faitly calling my name ... Gracie... Gracie... come use me! I am so soft and you want to knit that sweater..... Can't you hear it? You know you can! I did my best to resist it, but at approximately 6:14 PM/CT, I cast on the 144 stitches for Tempting. But, in my defense, I am almost to the toe shaping for my pal's socks. I have another month. Check back in a month and we will see where I am.

BUT, I am an inch into it and I LOVE IT!! This yarn is fab - so so soft and great to knit with. I'm just so lucky that I have nice online knitting friends like Jennifer who will sell me these fab things! I'll have pics of the yarn and progress tomorrow, but I know here the sweater calling me.... Gracie.....Gracie.....come knit me......

8 Comments:

Blogger Lu said...

who could resist the call of such nice yarn? I bought some for a cardi and it is calling me as well - I'll let you know when I give in.

11:13 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

It is oh-so... Tempting ? What a fitting name. I can't wait to start on mine. I am thinking in March or April for mine (cause I wanna wear it, and it is too cold now to think about that!) Can't wait to see how that Jo Sharp will look... sounds very nice.

Go heed the call--when a sweater talks, you listen :)

Take care!

6:58 AM  
Blogger amanda said...

does it count since you didn't really buy it from a store but from an online friend at a fantastic price? i think that would have to be the exception. that sweater is adorable--can't wait to see yours.

8:50 AM  
Blogger Kim in Oregon said...

I think my 'don't buy yarn' pledge lasted about fifteen minutes. Life is short! Stash more!

9:38 AM  
Blogger Tracy said...

Don't feel guilty at all. If you feel like knitting something which is obviously giving you so much pleasure, you go with it! (I don't think I'd be able to resist either, it's gorgeous stuff)

12:50 PM  
Blogger Jenifer said...

Yay! I can't wait to see it. Hey, it just occurred to me ... if I'm on a yarn diet, and I sell you some yarn, and I just bought some yarn myself ... does that mean that I'm "even"?? :) Hope you enjoy it! I made my mom a Ruffles scarf out of this color, it's really so pretty.

9:06 AM  
Blogger Nyxxie said...

I can hear your yarn calling just under the calling of mine to knit it up!! But the problem is at my house there is so much calling me right now I am losing my mind!!

Good Luck!!

11:16 AM  
Blogger sUsAn said...

I love love love that sweater!!!! Willpower be damned! :P

12:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home