Monday, February 28, 2005

Yay! Pictures!

First, a picture of my friends and I at Uncle Julio's in the big ATL last weekend. It is totally not relevant to the rest of the post, but I thought it was cute.


I am so proud of this blanket! I hope Kyle will be nice and warm in it. I made the hood yesterday and hooked it on. I actually enjoyed crocheting it, but it did take awhile. But, it went by much faster than knitting it would.

Pattern Source - Lion Brand
Yarn - Pound of Love - acryllic and April can wash it - the best part! And, it is dirt cheap!
Other notes - a fun thing to work up, it wouldn't have taken me too long if I hadn't gotten distracted by other projects
Here is a closeup of the pattern

I love the stitch pattern - it cute and very stretchy.

And, here is the current progress on my 2nd sockapalooza sock. I'm going to work more on it at SNB tonight.


It is so cold and rainy here. It just gross. I hope it warms back up soon. It was 70 last week and fab. Of course, I will be cursing when it is 100 in a few months, but that is ok! So, I have been able to stay home and work all day punctuated between bits of cooking dinner, cleaning a bit, and knitting. But, I got my assignment done for class tomorrow and that is all that counts!

Ok, off to work on my thesis! Have a great day everyone! Stay dry!

7 Comments:

Blogger Elisa said...

Wow Gracie - everything looks fantastic. I love the blanket, and you are right, that picture of you and your friends is very cute!

6:15 PM  
Blogger Wendy G said...

Looks like you had a good time in Atlanta. The blanket turned out great and I know it will be a hit. We had a little sun this afternoon so maybe it's coming your way. Have a good week and fun at S&B tonight.

6:49 PM  
Blogger Jenifer said...

Nice! I like it a lot ... and there is a lot of wisdom in washable knits for children! :) Jenifer

8:06 PM  
Blogger caitlyn said...

The blanket and the sock both look great! And I love the new pink background!

8:12 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Very cute blanket, Gracie! The stitch pattern is so pretty!

The group photo in Atlanta is so fun! I love that orange room :)

Hope your thesis work is going well!

10:24 AM  
Blogger Nyxxie said...

Cute Pic of you and your friends. I love the planket I want to make one too but I was unsure if it would turn out good for a baby. How do you like yours? I think that it looks wonderful. How was the yarn to work with? Also I love the sock it is looking so so good but what is your sock style? How do you make them I think that I would like to try that way but right now I do toe up. Do you have a pattern for that method, what is it called?
Sorry for so many questions!!

1:33 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

Oh Gracie,

I so love my socks from you. They fit like the nicest gloves in the world. I put my clogs on in the house, (a rarity) so as not to get one little speck of dog/cat hair on them, but I keep taking my feet out and looking at these pretty pretty socks.

I will email you also.

A hundred thousands thank yous
Kathy
irisheyesknitters.blogspot.com

3:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home