Sunday, April 17, 2005

What a beautiful day! I love Spring in Auburn! I have spent a good bit of time on our patio drinking Coronas and reading and knitting, and unfortunatly writing some. But, I did get a paper done for class and the poster for our policy forum done as well. All in all, it has been a productive weekend. We are grilling salmon tonight - yum. Lime-Tequllia salmon - let's hope it is good. Philip is starting the fire. No more fires for Gracie.

I have been so good in resisting starting anything new. I am making myself finish my Peppermint Twist sweater. After a year of starting it, I am going to finish! Check out the progress.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Front or Back
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
partial front or back

My mom came down this past week to bring me some pants and a coat that she made me. I adore having a mom that can sew. I highly recommend it. She also brought 2 of the dogs - Poco and Moses. Moses thinks that he was maybe a guinea pig in a past life. Lynard is similar in coloring to Moses, so we think that Moses thinks Lynard is a sheltie puppy. It is very cute. He will sit there and stare in their cages.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Moses
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Moses and Lynard

It has been a really good mail week for me! I have been a lucky girl!
I got a great package from my KRSP!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Thank you so much! I almost bought that sock yarn for myself! I love the colors, and it is going to be so fun to work with!

Deb sent me a mouse pad with a little note that will come in handy.

Cindy sent me some tres cute stitch markers.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

And, Leah sent me some sock yarn and some fun bath stuff. The muscle soak will def come in handy after dance class tonight! And, the little candle is just precious!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Thank you so much ladies! You were each so sweet to think of me - I'm so blessed!

9 Comments:

Blogger Lauren said...

Your Peppermint Twist is looking brilliant, Gracie! Love it!

You got some really nice gifties too--have fun with all of them!

Love the pet pics--they are the same color! :)

5:51 PM  
Blogger caitlyn said...

The Peppermint Twist looks awesome! I still have yet to start mine...
Have a great week!

6:55 PM  
Blogger Lu said...

Your Peppermint is so cute!

9:25 PM  
Anonymous Wendy G said...

Love the picture of Moses and Lynard. Peppermint Twist is comong along too.

10:43 PM  
Blogger IndigoMuse said...

I love the guinea picture with your puppy. Mavis completely ignores our guineas. Lovin the Peppermint twist. Can't wait to see it finished.

Tanya

10:02 AM  
Blogger amanda said...

your pt is looking good! and what cute little toes peeking into the pic :O)

1:54 PM  
Anonymous Laura said...

Your peppermint twist is looking really cute. Don't you love getting packages in the mail?! I love ordering things on the internet just so I can get a package in the mail. I know it's pretty silly. =0)

4:43 PM  
Blogger sUsAn said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:56 AM  
Blogger sUsAn said...

What a sweet dog! I love collies and shelties. Peppermint Twist is shaping up nicely and since that was a week ago, I bet you have lots more done by now. Looking forward to hearing how the KP sock yarn knits up for you. Happy spring, Gracie!

7:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home