Sunday, May 29, 2005

Hurrah for long weekends! I'm so glad that I don't have to go to work tomorrow! I'm going to try and spend the day and be super productive. But, we had a great day yesterday. We went here.....
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I don't remember what it is called, but it is a canyon that was created by farmers abandoning their land. They made it into a state park. We went with a group of friends and hiked down in the bottom of the canyon. It was a nice little day trip.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
After we hiked, we took a bit of a break and found the playground. The guys found a way to turn everything into a competition. Is that an inherant nature of men? Hanging upside down became a competition. I don't get it.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
This is Philip and Ranjit about to race down the slide. Yes, it took them approximately 1 second to reach the bottom, but it was still a competition. So, while the boys competed, I did this...
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Mom's Mother's Day sock - yes, I know I'm really late! I've already got one done, and this is the 2nd. I'm making up the pattern myself, and it is turning out pretty good!
I finished up the wine cozy, I just have to sew the embellishments on. That is a job for tomorrow. It turned out big, but pretty darn cute. I think it will be great for a bottle of champagne or I might felt it one more time and see if it shrinks more. I'm also working hard on Peppermint Twist - I'm almost done with the 2nd front.
Do you know what happened a year and a half ago?
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
This!
I know in the grand scheme of things, it isn't that long, but when you are newlyweds I figure we can celebrate the little ones. So, I'm using it as an excuse to have something a little fancier than what we would normally eat - scallops in a white wine cream sauce. Yum! I decided that afterwards, I should have gotten steaks so Philip would have to cook. I'll just have to do that next time.
So, Lu tagged me.....
Choose five things from the list below and complete the sentence.
If I could be a scientist
If I could be a farmer I would have a flock of sheep, so I could spin the yarn.
If I could be a psychologist
If I could be a librarian I would make the library carry every knitting book published.
If I could be an inn-keeper I would have an in on Maui.
.If I could be a professor I would not make my students write theses or dissertations.
.If I could be a writer I would write children's books.
If I could be a llama-rider
If I could be a bonnie pirate
If I could be an astronaut
If I could be a world famous blogger
If I could be a justice on any one court in the world
If I could be married to any current famous political figure
So, I'm tagging Caitlyn, Lauren, and Amanda!
Have a wonderful night everyone!

3 Comments:

Blogger SweetPeaknits said...

Arrrhhh, you look beautiful. Congratulations. Nothing beats your wedding day, does it? Oh yes, giving birth to your first child!

2:39 AM  
Anonymous wendy g said...

What a beautiful day to be outside! Love the wedding picture and enjoy your celebration.

7:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice blog- found from Knitters review! Good luck with your second mother's day sock!
AllisonV
www.simplysockyarn.typepad.com

7:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home