Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Hurrah! It is time for another round of SP! I had such a great time with the last one, that I am looking forward to this one.

Secret Pal Questionnaire!

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you? I'm not a huge fan of acrylic, but it has it's place. I'll definately try anything once.
2. Do you spin? Crochet? I just learned how to spin, and I am not so great at it yet. I have a spindle and I eventually want a wheel. I crochet a little bit.
3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.) nope!
4. How long have you been knitting? a year and a half
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? I have an amazon wish list
6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.) roses, lavender, vanilla (and not in any particular order
7. Do you have a sweet tooth? yep! i of course adore chocolate!
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? I don't have time for too much else, so it is mostly knitting
9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) a little bit of everything, I've been listening to a lot of classical lately, but Dave Matthews and Jack Johnson are in my CD player now (and a little Rascal Flatts)
10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand? I adore pink! I like most colors.
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I've been married a year and a half and we are both grad students. Philip is getting his PhD in Chem E and I am getting my Masters in Child Development. We have 2 guinea pigs - Hendrix and Lynard.
12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know) finish my masters!
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? I've been knitting with a lot of cotton lately, but the small needles are getting on my nerves,.
14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?hmmmm.... I don't know
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s? A little bit of everything. I enjoy it all and trying it once
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? socks and sweaters
17. What are you knitting right now? a pair of socks for my mom, Peppermint Twist sweater from SNB, I've "started" the Lucky Clover wrap, and Fiery Bolero from the summer IK
18. What do you think about ponchos? I have a couple, and I don't have plans to knit another one
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? depends on what I am knitting
20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? aluminum, but bamboo for really slippery things
21. Are you a sock knitter? Yep!
22. How did you learn to knit? from Debbie Stoller's book and lots of online tutorials
23. How old is your oldest UFO? Peppermint Twist, which I am actively working on it now
24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird? I don't really have one
25. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas!
26. Is there anything that you collect? besides, yarn.... milkglass from the 1950's
27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? I don't have any - we are moving (hopefully soon!) so I have been picking them up as I go along
28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on? hmm.... I can't think of any

It has been a super busy day, and I am about to go knit for a minute before I go to bed. My proposal meeting is the day after tomorrow, so I will be back and much better after then! Have a great next couple of days everyone!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

boo!! I found out tonight I'm your secretpal. I'll be sending you an email soon :)

10:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

its me again...i tried to email you but the one i got doesnt work apparently (.edu) do you have another one?

sp

email me at ghostpal at gmail dot com

4:13 PM  
Anonymous Leah said...

HEY GRACIE! Miss you hope all is well!

5:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home