Friday, May 06, 2005

Philip got back from Orlando safe and sound. He had a good conference and got a couple of leads on jobs. One was a job at Intel (he already has a friend that works there) and another is a post-doc in Liverpool, England. Yes, I said England. He spoke with the prof there at the conference (and has seen him at previous conferences) and the guy encouraged him to apply. So, we shall see what happens. We don't know if things will work out, but we are open to the possibility. We would probably be there for about a year. I just think it would be so great to travel in Europe.

He was also really sweet and brought me back Nemo. Yes, he found him. Nemo is one of my favorites. Yes, a bit little kidish, but I love it so.

So, it's going to be a busy weekend! My little sister is graduating from college! I am so excited and proud for her. SHe is so glad to be done with school forever! And, I have my dance recital this weekend - 3 shows in 2 days. I've got 3 numbers in each, but it should be fun!

Not too much knitting this week. It has been super busy. I have no idea when I am supposed to propose my thesis. As it ends up, my major prof is a bit nutty and has too much on her plate, and who knows when she can read my stuff. It was not a happy day in the Bell household yesterday. I wanted to write yesterday, but it didn't happen because my major prof hadn't read my stuff that I gave her Monday! Grr.... So, I went to work. Lori said I was probably the only person that she knew that would go to work because she was mad. I probably should have gone and bought some shoes.

5 Comments:

Blogger Lu said...

England like Debbie Bliss, Rowan and Colinette?

12:44 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

So many prospects on your horizon! Wow, how exciting!

What are you studying in school? I have been meaning to ask you that for quite awhile...

Good luck with your dance recital! :)

1:09 PM  
Blogger wendy g said...

Sounds like you have a busy weekend. Have fun at your recital.

8:36 PM  
Blogger Jenifer said...

Hey there Gracie ... oh, I hope you guys go to England, that would be so cool!!! (I'd be terribly jealous, though.) I'd love living vicariously through you over there ... you would keep blogging, right?! And about Rosita ... you can have apple inscribe something on the back for free if you order from apple.com. I just love apple! Take care!

9:31 AM  
Anonymous Jean said...

As Scooby Doo would say, "Ruh Roh" I think I just found out who my SP 4 is. lol. Am I right? Found my way here through links from bloglines and the Auburn in your sidebar reminded me of the custom's form.

4:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home