Friday, July 15, 2005

At 2:56 PM central time, on July 15th, I have decided that my thesis offically hates me.


And, I believe the feeling is mutual.


I have eaten and slept my thesis this week in an effort to get as much done before my major prof leaves for 2 weeks next week. But, on the positive side, I have been making a lot of progress. The bad part is that every time we try and do something, we think of something else to do. I'm stopping to care about the different sex effects of childcare quality on children's vocabulary. (We didn't find any by the way.) But, on the up and up side, I will hopefully be done in a few more weeks.

Needless to say, there has not been much knitting going on here at the Casa de Bell. I would like to be able to work on Union Square this weekend, and who knows I might pick up the Clover wrap.

Also exciting is that Harry Potter comes out tonight and I can't wait to read it! I think though that I value sleep more than Harry and I will probably go and get my copy tomorrow. My sister works for a book company and she is working tonight and she cannot wait for it to be over with. Who knew a book would be such a big deal?!

My break is over and it is back to work for me! Have a lovely Friday everyone!

5 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

I can relate...I thought my thesis was going to choke me in my sleep, it hated me so much. You will conquer it. Oh, yes. You will. Say it with me! :)

4:41 PM  
Blogger Ruth said...

ditto what michelle said about doing a thesis... i did one for my MSW program a couple years back... big fat pain in the rear!! i had a real big celebration when it was over =P If i were to go back to school, i would totally do child dev too. fascinating stuff. =)

oh, the pattern for my dayflower lace scarf is here:
http://www.tmooka.net/blogs/stitchingirl/index.php?p=328

i'm thinking about doing the peppermint twist sweater... ordered the yarn yesterday! =)

8:03 PM  
Blogger wendy g said...

Gracie,
Just hang in there. Sometimes you just have to walk away and take a break. Take care and have a good weekend.

10:42 PM  
Anonymous elisa said...

Punish your thesis by spending some time with Union Square or the Lucky Clover Wrap. :) That should teach it a lesson.

7:55 AM  
Blogger anty said...

ho funny! gud luck with ur thesis
i have a good long time b4 getting there

anty

3:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home