Monday, July 11, 2005

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Good Morning! We survived Dennis, but we did loose power, but not for too long. I was typing away on my thesis and all of a sudden, I heard a pop and there went our power. I had enough time to save, but Philip's computer doesn't last long, so I couldn't work. Darn! I had to knit instead....

I blocked my Peppermint Twist sweater - finally! I am always amazed at how much of a difference blocking makes. It fits so much better!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
And, the model shot! Please excuse the bad hair! I was cleaning!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Check out my sockapalooza pal's socks -
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I am actually pretty pleased with them. I wasn't too wild about the colors at first, but she said she liked muted colors, so we were going with that.
So, this sock will have to be an orphan for awhile, so I can finish these socks for my pal.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

And, guess what came in the mail!!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Which is turning into this...
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I really love the baby ull... it is so super soft.

I have temporarily abandoned the Lucky Clover, but not without finishing up the back.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I've decided to make myself work on it at least one night a week, so it doesn't become like the Peppermint Twist and be a UFO for a year!

Now to work on that thesis I didn't get to yesterday....

Have a good Monday everyone!

9 Comments:

Anonymous wendy g said...

Glad Dennis has moved on . Wow you have lots of knitting to show and I am impressed. Have a good week!

9:41 AM  
Blogger amanda said...

wowsa! you are a knitting dervish :O)

11:57 AM  
Blogger Ruth said...

saw your blog via caitlyn's... love the peppermint sweater!! i was thinking of making it but wasn't sure about all those stripes (more ends to weave in and all that).. but after seeing yours, i'm tempted to start. =)
p.s good luck with your thesis! what are you studying?

4:52 PM  
Blogger caitlyn said...

Glad that you are safe. The Peppermint Twist is just *beautiful* and it looks great on you too! YAY!!!! I'm a bit afraid to start mine...I think it would also take me a whole year to knit a sweater on size 2 needles!

9:47 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Your Lucky Clover approach is one I need to adopt--work on it at least one day a week--even if only for a little while! I have not touched mine in so long!

I love the Peppermint Twist on you, Gracie--great fit and such a cute sweater!

Glad to hear that Dennis weakened and moved on!

6:36 AM  
Anonymous elisa said...

Oh my goodness - I am exhausted just reading your post! You've been so productive. :) Your Peppermint Twist looks terrific, as does everything else you're working on right now.

Take care, and I'm glad you're safe from Dennis!

9:32 AM  
Blogger Lu said...

I love your Peppermint!

12:22 PM  
Blogger Atouria said...

Your peppermint twist looks Beautiful! I love it!

Thanks for the tip on the baby uii. I'm gonna have to go check that yarn out again.

:)

3:05 PM  
Anonymous Leah said...

I love the finished pepperming sweater. How cute. PHEW thank god you were able to save your thesis. I also am knitting lucky clover but find that it takes a longgg time using such small needles so I moved up a needle size or two and went down a size (to a small) it's coming out fine it but it takes a longggg time. I admire you for finishing the back. I may just frog it and admire yours!

9:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home