Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Whistle while you work....

Unfortunately no photos today, but there has been some knitting. I finished the right front of the Lucky Clover wrap and I am working on the left side. I have temporarily abandoned the USMS. I figured that it is eventually (in several months) going to get cooler, and I am going to want to wear Lucky first. Therefore, I figured I should also get on it. Of course, I am working on it while the getting is good because I do not want it to have the same fate as the Peppermint Twist sweater. It is going along a lot faster and it has no stripes! Which means there are not 5,280 ends to weave in.

Nothing else too exciting has been going on down here. Philip has to have his dissertation to his committee in 2 weeks so he can have it to the grad school for a check on the 23rd of Sept. Needless to say, I'm going to have a very busy husband these next few weeks. I think our apt is going to turn into a thesis and dissertation factory.

I was in Atlanta this past weekend, and had a grand ole time. A snazzy new computer now lives in my house. Philip "broke" my other one by downloading a video driver and it was dying a slow and painful death. So, now I have a new one in which I can spend many hours writing. I have decided that I am officially a grad student nerd. I have bought a jump drive. I tried to resist it and be behind the times and use my 3.5 floppy disks. However, a normal disk wasn't cutting it anymore so I now I have a snazzy jump drive. I do have to say that it is pretty cool. But, my entire life is on there (and 7 other places), so it is going to be no fun if I loose it. But, I have decided that I will not wear it around my neck like other people in my department (unless it is on a solid gold and diamond necklace from Tiffany's but I don't think they do that).

Allright back to work!! Have a great night everyone!

3 Comments:

Blogger Lauren said...

Good for you working on Lucky... I have not touched her. You are right though, you will be able to wear her sooner!

SOunds like a great time in ATL.

Have a good one, Gracie!

7:51 AM  
Blogger Ruth said...

i haven't started the peppermint twist yet (already have the yarn for it though)... what's holding me back is just the idea of finishing it (and the amount of ends to weave in) =P

1:36 AM  
Blogger amanda said...

congrats on the new computer!

8:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home