Secret Pal 6 Questions
Here they are SP! I know yall have all been seeing alot of these lately in blogland!
1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?
I'm as much of a yarn snob as I can be on a grad student budget.
2. Do you spin? Crochet?
I am starting to learn how to spin (my thesis takes away practice time!), and I do crochet some.
3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)
4. How long have you been knitting?
About 2 years!
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
I have an Amazon wishlist!
6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
Roses, vanilla, anything fresh and clean.
7. Do you have a sweet tooth?
Yes! Lately I have been craving Sour Patch Kids - I have no idea why!
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
Nothing to much else, but we are going to buy a house, so I am sure I will take up a few things!
9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)I like a little bit of everything. I've been listening to a lot of classical lately, and then there is always Dave Matthews, Jack Johnson, etc.
10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
I adore pink, but I am pretty open to a lot of things.
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I've been married for almost 2 years, and we have 2 guinea pigs - Lynard and Hendrix.
12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)
To finish my thesis!
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
Anything soft. I don't really have a preference other than that - I like to try a little of everything.
14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
Acrylic or anything that squeaks.
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
Hmmm.... socks as always, and I think my next big project (after I finish the Union Square Market Sweater) is Josephine from Knitty. I want to do something with cables.
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
17. What are you knitting right now?
I just finished Lucky, but I'm working on the Union Square Market Sweater and some socks.
18. What do you think about ponchos?
I've made one, but I don't really have plans for another.
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I love addis, but I like bamboo or aluminum.
21. Are you a sock knitter?
22. How did you learn to knit?
From Stitch and Bitch and some other books.
23. How old is your oldest UFO?
I finished Peppermint Twist which was a year old, but my latest ones are only a couple of months.
24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
Hmmm... I don't really have one, but Finding Nemo is my favorite animated movie.
25. What is your favorite holiday?
26. Is there anything that you collect?
Milk Glass (the white stuff)from the 1940's and 1950's.
27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I don't have any, but I regularly pick up IK and VK.
28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on?
Hmmmm... I can't think of any that I must have, but some I would like to on my Amazon list.
29. Any patterns you have been coveting, but haven't bought for one reason or another?? Hmmm.... I've been thinking about getting Hopeful and the new one from Chic Knits.