Wednesday, November 23, 2005

The Incredible Shrinking Scarf

I decided that I should take a momentary break from Grace and work on some Christmas presents because I can't bring them home to Atlanta. This is my progress on Branching Out so far...
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Does it look about the same as last time? Well, yes it does, here is where the rest of it went..Image hosted by Photobucket.com
It went write back around the ball of yarn. I ended up messing up to the largest degree! There is a long row of knits that runs down the center of the scarf and that got ALL off. It was way way to noticible to ignore and move on. It created a bit of a wavy line. So, I tried to rip it back and move up which made things even worse. So, several inches ripped out, and by the grace of God, I figured out what line I was on and life is much better.

But, I have not forgotten Grace. Image hosted by Photobucket.com
This is the left front. I'm really pleased with it so far, but it has shrunk more than what I expected it to. I am sure it is because of the cables and the ribbing. So, it will be a little more close fitting than originally expected, but that is ok!

We are heading up to Atlanta tomorrow morning to spend Thanksgiving with my family, so we should be back on Monday. I hope that everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving! Be safe to all of those who travel!

4 Comments:

Anonymous elisa said...

Oh my goodness, Gracie! What an exciting couple of months you've had! Congrats on finishing and defending your thesis, congrats to Philip for defending his, congrats on buying a house, and well, just congrats! :)

11:32 AM  
Anonymous Tiffany said...

Grace looks so pretty! Have a good weekend - Happy Thanksgiving!!!

11:58 AM  
Anonymous wendy g said...

Have aa good trip and turkey day.

8:48 PM  
Blogger amanda said...

after branching out made it's debut i cast on and made it to about the point you were at in the pic and then i lost my mind and frogged it. i don't know why but i found it terribly boring to knit and yet lovely to behold.

7:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home