Friday, November 11, 2005

It's such a thrill...

.... to be able to come home and not have to work on my thesis. I've decided that I am going to get so much more done now that I don't have to worry about it. I am so proud of myself and please that it is finally over. It's like no other feeling. Speaking of knitting.....

I finished my Socktober socks.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I used Knit Picks Sock Garden in Stargazer Lily and I used the Feather and Fan pattern from Socks, Socks, Socks. It was a really fast knit even though it took awhile to get them done.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Branching out is coming along pretty well. It moves pretty quickly and I think I am def going to be able to get it done for my mom for Christmas. I'm thinking about making her a wee one more like a fabric scarf that she can use with oxford collar shirts and such. We will have to see if I've got enough yarn for one though.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
A closeup of the pattern, I think it is going to be even better blocked.

And, for the current knitting obsession - Grace. I was so good and proud of myself that I waited until I defended on Tuesday to start. Philip took me here for dinner and drinks. I then came home and cast on! It is simple ribbing for 4 inches, so I discovered I can knit a little buzzed (always a good thing to figure out).
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
That is the progress that I have now and it is growing steadily as the evening passes. I would love to have a bunch of the back knitted by the end of the weekend.Image hosted by Photobucket.com
A closeup of the cables. This is my first big cable project and it is so much easier than I thought! Go check out Amanda's progress, isn't her's a fab color?

Oh, and in non-knitting but equally exciting news, I get to meet Paula Deen!!!!!! I am so so so excited. She is giving a cooking demonstration in Birmingham next Thursday and I got a ticket to go and watch her and get her new book. I'm really hoping that she will get to sign it. The benefit of having a sister that works for a book company. But, she is cooking with the proceeds benefitting Kings Ranch. So, if you are in the Bham area next Thursday check it out at www.kingsranch.org.

Ok, so a short novel later, and I'm off to do some cableing!

Have a great night!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Leah said...

OMG, it's gorgeous! You and Amanda are leaving me in the dust. I guess I need to get started, or I won't be involved in a KAL, but a KB (knit behind)!

11:39 PM  
Blogger Lolly said...

Those socks are SO CUTE, Gracie! Love the scarf too ;)

2:46 PM  
Blogger amanda said...

Congrats on the victory and can you believe LSU beat you know who in OT? DH was like a child on XMas morning--jumping up and down, shouting, scaring the kids, and all because the only thing on earth the man hates is ****!

Your socks are fab--love the pink! And Grace is delish!!

1:06 PM  
Blogger Mia said...

Lucky you!!!! You are going to be meeting Paula Deen!!!! I love her cooking style. Not being able to watch her show is one of hte few things I miss about giving up cable.

4:10 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

Beautiful knitting here, glad I stopped by!

1:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home