Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Yarn makes me happy!

So guess what came yesterday and today?! That would be yarn and the pattern for Grace! I'm really excited about it and I can't wait to cast on for it.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I'm using Elann's undyed Peruvian Collection Sierra Aran undyed yarn. I contemplated having a little dying adventure, but I decided just to leave it a natural color. I figured it would look great with a lot of stuff in my wardrobe. It is so super soft and I am looking forward to working with it. Thank the Lord for swifts - I've got 19 skeins to wind!

I've also joined the Branching Out KAL. I decided to make Branching Out for my mom for Christmas. I started out making her the crochet beaded wrap from Lily Chin's Knitting and Crocheting with Beads. I have since discovered that I HATE mohair. I know that hate is a strong word, and I don't like to use with yarn, but mohair is no fun to work with. Even if I mess up, I can't rip it out without getting a giant knot. Hence the new decision to work on Branching Out.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Thus the progress so far. I've had to frog it once and switch to bigger needles, but I'm pleased with it now. I'm using Brown Sheep Company's Cotton Fine that I had in my stash (I'm so proud - a stashbuster and Christmas project!).

That is about the excitement here! The guineas and I enjoying a few ESPN days while Philip is gone.

5 Comments:

Blogger caitlyn said...

I made a Branching Out for my mom for Christmas too! Yay for the stashbusting project!

11:08 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

I so agree with you, Yarn makes me so happy. I love shopping for yarn buying yarn and playing with yarn.
Good luck with Branching Out

1:52 PM  
Anonymous Leah said...

Hey Gracie! I just sent you an email asking about your color choice for Grace, pop over here to add you to my bloglines, and get my answer. You can skip the reply by email, if you want, since now I know.

I'm looking forward to the KAL with you and Amanda. Such an amazing pattern. Hopefully we will attract some other Grace wanna be's as we go along.

11:14 PM  
Anonymous wendy g said...

You will enjoy Branching Out. Looking forward to seeing your progress on Grace

7:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your "Branching Out" is going to turn out so nice!!!

This is you KRSP (bi-monthly), I hope you don't think I am a lost cause....your Sept/Oct gift is almost on it's way and I have a plan to make up for your missed gift. I am a student too and I am so excited for you getting your thesis done!!! WHooo Hoooo!!!

9:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home