Friday, January 27, 2006

Amazing Grace

It was so nice that Debbie Bliss named a sweater after me! Ok, so she really didn't because my name isn't really Grace, but a girl can dream. But, at approximately 10:00 PM last night, I finished Grace.
Image hosting by Photobucket
The front.
Image hosting by Photobucket
The back.
Image hosting by Photobucket
Pattern - Grace by Debbie Bliss
Yarn - Sierra Aran by Elann
Start Date - November 8, 2005 (the only reason I remember is because that was the day I defended)
End date - Jan 26

The not very good model shot. I couldn't figure out how to do the timer and Philip wasn't home to take my picture and I knew this was the only time today I would have to post. I look afright so that is why you don't see my head!

But, I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. It is def going to be one of my favorite sweaters. When I finished it last night I was so excited and I had no one to show it to. Olive was impressed, but she really wanted to chew it. Philip was asleep and I didn't want to wake him up to show it to him then. He was impressed with it this morning, or at least he said he was.

I was thinking about putting buttons in, but I don't think I will. I think it would look as good. I haven't blocked it yet because I have been wearing it around the house, but I will soon.

But, it has been a wonderful project and I would recommend it!!!

22 Comments:

Blogger fig said...

Sweetie, that is a gorgeous Grace! It definitely looks like a lifelong fave sweater! Good job on that and the crown molding. You give me inspiration--we need some in our living room!

9:52 AM  
Blogger amanda said...

Gracie that is soooo awesome! I didn't realize you'd already seamed it up when you'd emailed me. It looks so awesome. I have no desire to rip out the back of mine but at least I can use yours for inspiration!

10:10 AM  
Blogger caitlyn said...

It looks absolutely lovely!!!! YAY!

10:26 AM  
Anonymous Lisa D. said...

Grace turned out great - love it!!!

11:03 AM  
Anonymous elisa said...

Congratulations! As always, you've done a beautiful job!

11:12 AM  
Anonymous Leah said...

Beautiful Grace, Gracie! You have inspired me once again. I plan on casting on tonight! Woo-Hoo!!

11:24 AM  
Anonymous Kathy said...

Wow - you did an amazing job on Grace! And I'm impressed by your crown molding - leave it to a good Southern lady to understand the importance of architectural details in the home!

11:45 AM  
Blogger Mitchypoo said...

Grace is amazing! It's really beautiful and seems to fit you really well. Even without being blocked. Lovely!

11:45 AM  
Blogger Jean - Scottish Lamb said...

OMG!! GORGEOUS, Gracie! Seriously. I was thinking about the Josephine, but I'm thinking of leaning towards Grace now. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!!

11:48 AM  
Blogger Charisse said...

Thats beautiful...
great work.

11:50 AM  
Blogger Ruth said...

wow!! that looks REALLY good!! that's a sweater that you should definately wear to death. at least i would. GREAT job! =)

1:10 PM  
Blogger Nyxxie said...

WOW looks great. O and I wake up my other half so much to see things that I am working on that the other night something happened and I had to wake him up he rolled over and said " Yeah looks really good" I wasn't showing him anything. LOL

2:54 PM  
Blogger --Deb said...

Ooh, pretty! It looks wonderful!

5:54 PM  
Blogger Sedie said...

Very nice work! At first glance I thought it would be too complicated for me, but I can do all the stitches I see, so . . . I hear my list growing. I'm sure you'll get lots of use out of that.

5:58 PM  
Anonymous wendy g said...

Gracie,
What a beautiful sweater! I know you will enjoy wearing it for a long time.

6:06 PM  
Blogger Shelley said...

It looks great! Congrats on getting it completed!

8:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is great. It looks fabulous on you.
Your Felted Secret Pal

10:13 AM  
Blogger Lu said...

Grace is beautiful!

4:33 PM  
Blogger Lolly said...

Gracie, it is a piece of art! Perfect fit and it is just so beautiful!

9:56 PM  
Anonymous Becky said...

Your Grace is beautiful! I would be proud too!

10:07 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Gracie, it's gorgeous. Just absolutely gorgeous!

2:59 PM  
Anonymous Emily said...

Beautiful! And just in time for the weather to be cold again.

9:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home