Tuesday, January 03, 2006

The First FOs of 2006

So, I finally finished the Christmas knitting. Yep, I'm a little late. Ladies and gentlemen here is what a flat flamingo looks like...
Image hosted by Photobucket.comAnd, this is what a stuffed and eyed flamingo looks like ....
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Pattern - Fiber Trends Pink Flamingo
Yarn - Cascade 220 in Flamingo Pink (2 skeins) and Black
Recipient - my sister

I am really pleased with it once I finally sat down to work on it. The only thing I'm not too happy with is the fact that it doesn't sit very well on its own, but that may be a function of my assemblage of the flamingo and not the pattern itself. It also turned out a bit bigger than I expected. I think it would be cute to adapt them to make it a bit more wee.

Oh, and that lovely scarf that is around her neck? That would be the completed Branching Out for my mom.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Pattern - Branching Out from Knitty
Yarn - Cotton Fine from Brown Sheep (I don't remember the colorway).

I really enjoyed knitting this. But, it was a royal PITA whenever I got off chart or forgot which row I was on. I ripped it back several inches several times. The next time I knit this, I will def be much better about keeping track of where I am in the pattern.

Have a lovely night everyone! ~ Skipping off with glee to make a cup of tea (ooo.. that rhymed!) and to work on Grace!

13 Comments:

Anonymous elisa said...

The flamingo is hilarious! What a lucky sister (and mom) you have.

Enjoy your tea and a relaxing evening. :)

7:27 PM  
Blogger caitlyn said...

What a cute flamingo!! And Branching Out is lovely.

7:32 PM  
Anonymous wendy g said...

The flamingo is so cute!

7:43 PM  
Blogger --Deb said...

Aw, the flamingo is adorable!

8:17 PM  
Anonymous Leah said...

Too, too cute! I am going to have to make one of those for my daughter, who loves flamingos. The scarf is yummy too.

Mention of Grace makes me feel guilty. I must make a decision on the fiber (did I tell you I picked up some of the Sierra Aran) and get back on that pony!

9:52 PM  
Blogger fig said...

Hmmm...Flamingoes, Branching Out (as in branches on the family tree)...I'm seeing a theme here, Gracie. Cute stuff!

8:10 AM  
Blogger Lulu said...

both lovely

6:12 PM  
Blogger jEnn said...

wat a great piece of knitting!! hi im just a surfer frm singapore tat chanced upon your site!! great work!! keep it going!!

jEnn (^__^)
natusuki.blogspot.com

8:03 PM  
Blogger eyeleen said...

I love the flamingo! so cute! Branching looks great as well.

11:13 PM  
Anonymous Emily said...

The flamingo is Too Cute! The floppy legs are the best part.

10:34 PM  
Anonymous dianne said...

Looks like a great start for the new year. Congrats on a Dr. in the house! Flamingo is adorable, scarf is beautiful! Happy knitting 2006!

10:11 AM  
Blogger Jenifer said...

Great FO's for the end of the year! I love the branching scarf in cotton. And a big congrats to Mr. Dr.! I always wanted a doctorate just so I could wear a goofy hood to graduation. Have fun getting your place set up!

10:45 AM  
Blogger Beak-Knits said...

I am in love with the flamingo. Great job!

8:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home