Sunday, January 01, 2006

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year y'all! I hope that everyone had a wonderful New Year's Eve and is enjoying the day!

I finally have some pictures to post. I finally found the computer cord! That was a small victory for the day.

First, here is the new Doctor that now lives in my house.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Philip's advisor is on the right. It was nice to see him be hooded, but the ceremony was LONG! Watching those undergraduates was almost painful. Not that I'm not happy for them but there were around 5,000. Way too many!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
This is the sumtotal of my knitting the past 2 weeks. Oh yes, it looks impressive, but I have only done a little bitty bit. This is what a deconstructed pink flamingo looks like. I'm hoping to finish it up ASAP to give it to my sister when she visits this coming weekend. (Yes, it's a Xmas present. And I know it is late. We will just claim that I get it to her in one of the days of Chanukah and we will be ok.)

Instead, this is what I have been working on - Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Unpacking and painting! I finished painting our room this week. The room is not at all finished. I still need some art on the walls and the headboard and footboard fixed and in place and such, but it is a good start. My dad is coming back after tax season is over with and is going to help us install wood floors upstairs. I'm way excited for that!! The color is a little hard to see, it is a greenish/blueish/grey called Scrim by Martha Stewart Paints. God Bless Martha. She has made the paint picking out process pretty idiot proof.

Have a wonderful holiday everyone!!

Watch out - the 2006 Knitting Related List will be next! I need to find my 2005 one, I wonder if any of it got done?!

6 Comments:

Blogger --Deb said...

Congratulations to Phillip! Have a wonderful New Year.

5:26 PM  
Blogger Lulu said...

congrats on the new doc...
lovely room...

6:57 PM  
Blogger amanda said...

Congrats to Phillip! And your room is off to a nice start---I'm surprised you even found time to knit a bitty bit with all the unpacking and moving.

11:00 AM  
Anonymous wendy g said...

Your new house is really coming along and I know you are enjoying decorating. Well we took it on the chin today but War Eagle anyway! Happy New Year!

5:43 PM  
Anonymous Tiffany said...

Happy New Year to the Doctor and you! This year will be super for you guys - happy painting!

3:08 PM  
Blogger Karla said...

Hi, Gracie! I hopped over here from Becca's blog (Nutmeg Knitter) after I left a comment for her. I saw your comment left, too, and I like to randomly click on people's names to visit their blog. I'm so glad I clicked on yours! I just LOVE your background with all the vibrant flowers! Wow!

Hey and congratulations to your new doctor in the house. I know what you mean about the undergraduate phase of the graduation, too. My brother just graduated from Georgia Tech in August and his graduation was loooonnnngggg, too! Whew! But it was beautiful and memorable.

Love your blog and will return! :)

4:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home