Friday, January 06, 2006

A little lost..... on cable sleeve island

So, I'm stuck on sleeve island for another 15 or so inches.....
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I've discovered there is a wee mistake in the pattern, and least I think there is, but I may be reading it wrong. On the sleeves, there is the large cable in the middle that when you are not cabling, you have to knit across 8 sts. Well, in the pattern there was no mention of the cables at all. And, using my logical skills, I figured that you had to cable to get the cable up the middle of the sleeve. So, I cabled. Just a friendly little warning Amanda and Leah - unless I'm way wrong, but it looks right! The nice part about the sleeves is that it is just a smaller repeat of what the body of the sweater is, so once I have gotten the first row done, I don't really have to rely on the book to follow along.

The good news is, that this means I finished the second half of the front.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
So, I've got the sleeves, collar and to seam it all up! Whew! Sounds a lot easier than it is!

And, smack me on the head and call me silly because it took until the very end of the second front to figure out that I should have learned how to cable without a cable needle a LONG time ago. It is slightly scary having 2 sts off the needle, but it is SO much faster. Silly me for not learning how to do this earlier!

Have a great Friday everyone!

9 Comments:

Blogger Ruth said...

very pretty!! your cables really pop out too. nice =)

1:06 PM  
Anonymous Leah said...

It looks really great Gracie. I started with the sleeves originally, and ran into the same problem. I looked for errata, didn't find any, so put it aside until either you or Amanda got to that point. You fixed it up well. Glad I wasn't just me reading the pattern wrong.

1:42 PM  
Blogger sUsAn said...

Wowza! Love it! The cabling is very pretty! Hope your time on sleeve island passes quickly!

3:38 PM  
Blogger Lulu said...

thats coming out very pretty..

8:16 PM  
Blogger caitlyn said...

Wow, it looks wonderful!! You can definitely get yourself off of sleeve island, you can!!

12:31 AM  
Blogger amanda said...

Grace looks great! I picked it back up the other night and am hoping to finish the back over the weekend. Thanks for the info on the sleeves...I hope to co for those next so I appreciate the warning!

9:55 AM  
Anonymous Tiffany said...

So, so, so, sooooo pretty! :D

3:10 PM  
Anonymous Jean said...

It's looking great, Gracie. The all white on white photo with natural needles would make a great card cover. So pretty!

9:08 AM  
Anonymous Magnolia Mom said...

Happy De-Lurking Week!

5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home