Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Happy Mardi Gras!

It is a beautiful day here and Olive is full of herself! Thank goodness for a fenced in backyard! Philip is off for the day and is downtown with some friends enjoying the parades. I'll head downtown later this afternoon/evening and meet them for dinner and the night parade.

The Olympic Knitting is complete!

I think it is possibly one of the cutest things I have knit. It was a great way to do a little bit of cabling in a small area, and the 14 inches of stockinette was great for watching the Olympics. Love the pattern and I will probably make another one again!

And, a LONG overdue FO.

Yes my friends, this is my last bit of completed Christmas knitting. With the move and other projects on the needles, this one took a bit of time. They are to be given to my MIL (which is another reason why I probably didn't want to finish them either). But, they will soon be in the mail and out of my life! I knit them with Koigu and really loved the yarn, I am going to have to get some for myself. I ued the Gull Wings pattern from Socks, Socks, Socks. It is a really easy pattern to memorize and is nice and lacy without being too lacy.

Have a wonderful Mardi Gras everyone!!

11 Comments:

Anonymous Leah said...

Love the socks Gracie! They are so pretty?

Who's the gown for? It's just gorgeous! Great job!!

11:44 AM  
Anonymous Kathy said...

Wow - the bunting looks amazing! Great job!

11:48 AM  
Blogger Ruth said...

Ooh, great job on Olive!! It's so cute and very pretty. =)

12:20 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

The bunting is absolutely amazing. It looks so vintage and yet modernly stylish. Great job!

12:37 PM  
Blogger Shelley said...

What a fabulous job you did on the bunting and the socks! Congrats on finishing them both, and I'm sure your MIL will enjoy the socks.

5:36 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

Congrats on getting the gold!! The bunting is adorable and perfectly knit!

Love the socks too!

8:35 PM  
Anonymous wendy g said...

Gracie, the bunting is beautiful! Love the socks too. Have fun at the parades tonight.

8:54 PM  
Blogger amanda said...

That baby bunting makes me want to have another just so I can dress it in such cuteness! Wait! Rewind... I'm done with babies and more than happy to knit for others who have babies. Great job Gracie!!!!

3:52 PM  
Blogger KnitPastis said...

Hey, the baby bunting is so stunning and I love the color you chose to knit it up with. Great job!!

7:42 AM  
Blogger Lulu said...

lovely

10:08 PM  
Anonymous Emily said...

Baby Bunting is beautiful! All that work at the top is just charming.

10:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home