Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Happy Valentine Month and other randomness

So, that was the most creative title I could come up with! Here at the La Casa del Bell, Valentines Day lasts 2 weeks. It all started with my mom sending me tacky valentines for 2 weeks when I was in college, and I have carried this over to my house. I make Philip a tacky valentine for every day up until Valentines Day. Philip of course doesn't do the same for me (silly man!), however, he does always follow through with the flowers and Godiva chocolate.

Image hosting by Photobucket
I saw this on Lolly's and Wendy's blog - how fun! Here is the link in case you wanna make one for yourself and you haven't found it - here.

I decided that my do something new thing for 2006 would be to work on more Fair Isle and colorwork. So, I bought this today from Knit Picks
Image hosting by Photobucket
I've just done a little bit of Fair Isle and such on a hat and Philip's Chrismas stocking and I would like to do more, but there are only so many hats and stockings you can make, and I don't want to do a whole sweater in Fair Isle. So, I took the plunge and I decided that I am going to learn how to do mittens. It is going to be an adventure.

I have a question - does anyone know how to expand the part you type in on Blogger? I can't figure it out and I would like the main body a wee bit wider.

Have a fabulous Wednesday everyone!

4 Comments:

Blogger Ruth said...

hi gracie! oooh, godiva chocolate!!
as for the body of your blog... to make it wider you have to tinker with your template. somewhere in there it probably has the dimensions of it's height and width... you can play around with it and hit the "preview" button. if you mess up, you can always hit "clear edits". =)

1:45 PM  
Blogger Sedie said...

Hey there! Happy Valentines month! I hope you have a great month.

As far as the changes to your page. When you go to your Template, there is a section called "Page Structure" there you will find "content", "main", "main2", "sidebar", "sidebar2", (I think that's what you'd find on your template). Anyway, in the section labeled "main" there will be "width:xxx" that is where you need to adjust your numbers to get the width you desire.

email me at sedie AT yarnobsession Dot com if you need more help, or if my instructions are just not easy to follow. . . I tend to ramble sometimes. Hope that helps!

2:22 PM  
Anonymous Kathy said...

Gracie - can you cut and paste all of your template code and e-mail it to me? I'll try to adjust it that way, and send it back.

Send it to me at kathyp at telephonet dot com.

6:05 PM  
Anonymous wendy g said...

What a fun Valentine tradition. Enjoy all of your cards.

10:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home