Thursday, February 16, 2006

The Olympic Report

In Knitting Olympic News, I've got 8 inches in the bottom half, so I am over halfway there! I am really enjoying working on it so far, it is a nice easy knit while I am watching TV. Although, I am anxious for the cables and to see it all done. I'm going to have to hunt down a baby to try it on!

So, during my Valentine's errands the other day, I stopped in everyone's favorite bookseller, Barnes and Noble. My sister who works for Books A Million is horrified that I like B&N better, but as long as I don't buy anything in the coffee shop, I am ok. (The coffee shop is her area of BAM). And, since you can't leave a bookstore without purchasing something, I bought this -
.

The Lion Brand Vintage Styles book and Knit Lit 3. I haven't seen the Vintage Style book before, but I was pleasantly surprised. It had a lot of great basics in it.

I really liked this coat, but I'm not sure if I would ever knit it for myself.
And, I loved this wrap.

I am going to be adding it to my need to knit list. It seems like it would stay on really well.

The Tiger was a Valentine's gift from Philip, along with some roses. He said he found a stuffed elephant, but he knew I wouldn't enjoy that one....

Amanda tagged me with this meme, so here it goes!

List seven songs you are into right now. No matter what the genre, whether they have words, or even if they’re any good, but they must be songs you’re really enjoying now. Post these instructions in your blog along with your seven songs. Then tag seven other people to see what they’re listening to.

We're on Top by The Killers. I adore this whole CD, it is great to work out to and drive to. I whole heartedly reccomend it.

Adagio on Strings by Barber. I love love this piece of music. To me, it is so beautiful it hurts (if that is possible).

Number 43 by Dave Matthews Band. It always reminds me of a road trip with my sister. It is the kind of music that you just want to have blaring out the windows of your car on a really nice day.

Magnificat by Chanticleer. It is just a nice pieceful piece of music. I'm really interested in the Blessed Mother, and have several books on her (Mary by Leslie Hazelton is facsinating), so it has special meaning to me.

Pictures at an Exhibition by Mussorsky. My mother and I saw this at the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra, and it was wonderful. I have been listening to it ever since.

Melissa by the Alman Brothers Band. I grew up listening to the Alman Brothers and they were the first concert I went to when I was young, it was great fun.

Sleepers Awake by Bach. Love the symphony piece and the hymn.

I'm tagging anyone who wants to answer!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Leah said...

Yeah! New books!

How did the hubby like his fortune cookies?

And his fortune? (snort!)

5:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home