Thursday, February 02, 2006

Pee In Your Pants Excited

Today, February 2, 2006, I came across the best thing to ever happen to a knitter. As knitters and yarn hoarders, we rarely ever get this lucky. Perhaps, it never happens. I was lucky enough to stumble upon a 50% off everything in stock sale. Yes, 50% off! Olive and I drove over to Fairhope (a cute little town) on the other side of the bay to pick up a purse my sister had made for her. I looked up to see what yarn stores there were in the area and came across Debi's Little Yarn Shop. Well, I couldn't find it and eventually called and found out that it was in a studio behind this woman's house. When I got their her husband let me in and said they were shutting the business down. I said that I was sorry to hear that and asked if any of the yarn was on sale. That my friends is when he told me that the whole store was 50% off. I thought I was going to hyperventilate. I went and got Olive and we spent awhile in the store shopping around. Here is the haul....
Image hosting by Photobucket
I didn't get as much as I should have (I think I may have to go back) but I got a lot of stuff for babies, I've got several friends having them, and I needed some yarn. I got the cotton for me to make Sitcom Chic, 1 of the Cherry Tree Hill sock yarn is for my Sockapaloooza pal, and the other is for me or my Yarn Aboard Pal. And most of the rest is for baby stuff. All of that was $80 when it normally would have been $160. She didn't have as much sweater stuff, but a good bit of Cascade 220. It was so great. I still may go back......

I've gotten a good bit done on my coral cardi, I'll post a picture of it tomorrow.

Have a fabulous evening everyone!

14 Comments:

Blogger Shelley said...

Oh lucky you at finding such a steal!!!

Have to tell you, your title made me laugh LOL!

6:24 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Wow! You really lucked out on that deal!

6:55 PM  
Blogger pleutim said...

That IS pretty darn excited! ;) And CTH for 50% off? Woo!! I never did figure out why people get excited over 10% off sales - what difference does 50 cents make?? - but 50!? I like 50%. Good-looking haul.

6:55 PM  
Anonymous Leah said...

What a score! I am sooooo envious!

7:03 PM  
Blogger Lulu said...

how luck you are...I just love those kinds of sales..
Have fun with your new stash..

7:09 PM  
Blogger caitlyn said...

OOoooh, a 50% yarn sale is indeed exciting! Good for you for scoring all that great stuff!!

10:02 PM  
Anonymous elisa said...

Holy CRAP, that's AWESOME!

7:16 AM  
Anonymous Kathy said...

Heh - I laughed at your title, too!

I also laughed at "I needed some yarn." I can't imagine "needing" yarn, but *wanting* it, I understand completely!!

10:51 AM  
Anonymous Emily said...

She's still got Wildfoote and Cherry Tree Hill?! I thought I had heard about the closing so late I had missed all the good stuff. I gotta get down there!
The outlets were great, but the way, we got some good deals (not as good as you). I had never been down there before.

7:53 AM  
Blogger Jenifer said...

WOOOW! I'm so happy/so sad I wasn't there. (You know what I mean!)

10:40 AM  
Blogger Jenifer said...

And have I told you BEAUTIFUL grace yet? I love it. I've found that I can always pin mine if I want. I love your color!!

10:41 AM  
Blogger Di said...

Hey what a great find! I love unexpected discoveries.
Have fun with sockapaloooza...
and the olympics :)

3:31 PM  
Anonymous Cindy said...

Man are you a lucky lady! Any sore that tells you evrything is 50% off is a ground-score, but I know how knitters are and you must have felt like a kid in a candy store!

Your pooch is SOOOO cute...Don't worry, hating the vet is normal.

10:06 PM  
Anonymous Dipsy D. said...

Gosh, what an amazing deal! I wish they'd do this here as well, but then again, 50% off would be a killer for me, I'd spend the rest of my money! ;) Have fun with your new yarn!

9:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home