Tuesday, March 28, 2006

I'm totally in love...

.... with Lorna's Laces. Why I haven't tried this before, I have no idea! Let's just call it pure stupidity. I'm taking a sock class at the YarnHaus to learn how to do 2 socks toe up on one needle.

Here is the progress so far...

I'm using LL's Uptown and the colors are so fun. Heidi suggested that I just do a simple pattern for this first pair on one circular, so I thought this would be a fun color without a pattern. I really like doing socks this way. it feels a little slow, but I know it is going to be such a great feeling to have them both done at the same time. The only thing I know I'm not going to like about it is that it is a little less portable than doing one sock at a time. So, I think I'll just have to have 2 different pairs of socks on the needles. I've decided that since my body is going to be changing dramatically the next 7 months, that I need to nix the idea of making sweaters for myself. Although, I'm still going to finish Sitcom Chic. So, I figured I'll be making myself a ton of socks as well as lots of baby knitting.

Oh, and I must have been hiding under a rock, but I didn't know that Lucy Neatby made sock yarn. The YarnHaus had some so of course I had to pick some up.

It is the Aqarius colorway. How fun is that?! It is so super soft. I thought it would be great for Project Spectrum.

I also got a FABULOUS package from my Felted SP. It came on Saturday and totally made my day!

She wrapped each individual piece in different pink wrapping paper - she knows me so well! Inside were 2 skeins of Sierra Quatro, a skein of Naturally Nazareth, a cute card and Pursonalities. I saw it at the bookstore and was totally coveting it, but I didn't end up buying it! Thank you SP! I love it!!

Other than that, things around here are pretty darn boring. All I seem to do is sleep! I'll take that over vomiting any day, but it makes it a little hard to get things done during the day. I can get things done in the middle of the day, but by about 4:00, my day is over. How sad is that? I'm just really lucky that I don't have another child to take care of as well - just a husband. I know the next baby won't be quite as easy!

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are so welcome!!! I am glad you liked it all. I had so much fun getting the package all ready for you. :)
Your Felted SP

2:22 PM  
Blogger sUsAn said...

Very cool! The LL is knitting up nicely! I found a cute pattern for baby socks & hat using sock yarn here in case you are interested: http://www.funknits.com/free_patterns.htm. I'm going to give the baby socks a go.

4:07 PM  
Blogger --Deb said...

I like Lorna's Laces sock yarn, too. And, toe-up socks? Three words for you: Turkish Cast-On. It's the bomb. I always try to do both socks at once, although I actually work the heels and the toes independently, so I won't lose count during the short-rows (grin).

5:08 PM  
Blogger Shelley said...

How lucky are you! I love that Aquarius colourway...wish they had stuff like that around here!

Your socks look like they are coming along nicely, and such a fun colourway too! It totally escapes me how 2 socks can be made on those circular needles without them being joined together (the two of them that is) and still come out as a pair of socks.

6:27 PM  
Blogger amanda said...

Your toe up socks look great! And what pretty yarn. Aquarius you say? I can buy sock yarn until April 1st and then the Sock yarn addicts club. Sleep. Rest well. I'm off to track me down some Neatby yarn :O)

7:03 PM  
Anonymous Leah said...

Great colors on your socks Gracie! And I bet you will love the two socks on two circs method. It's the only way I knit socks now. Same size as well as being done at the same time.

Rest well, dear! Your energy will pick up in another couple of weeks!

7:16 PM  
Anonymous wendy g said...

Your LL socks are coming along so quickly and it looks like you have the hang of the toe up. Very nice Felted SP package too. Tell Philip he had better take good care of you.

8:48 PM  
Anonymous Jean said...

So I'm reading along and I hit the "my body will be changing over the next 7 months".... eeerrk! Back up the maternity truck?! How the heck did I miss that your pregnant?! CONGRATULATIONS!!! How exciting!! Okay. You can have Aggie if I can have the baby!! ;-)

11:09 PM  
Blogger Mia said...

I love the colors in the Lucy Neatby yarn. It is funny but guess what my zodiac sign is? And congrats ont he baby.

2:18 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

Your LL socks are lovely! It's one of my fsvorite yarns too....try the shepherd sport too, it's even softer!!

I second Deb's suggestion...Turkish Cast On, it's so easy and perfect for toe ups...and coincidently the tute is on my sidebar :)

9:58 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

What pretty socks those are going to be! It's smart to focus on your feet while preggers...although, at the end, you might not even recognize your feet. But the good news is, all of the swelling translates to super-fast loss of like 15 pounds, overnight.

12:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home