Friday, March 24, 2006

Lorna's Loveliness

Thank you so much to everyone for all of y'all's well wishes about the baby. We are really excited. I know if I wasn't feeling so first trimester prego, I would prob be even more excited! I've just been really tired, which in comparison to how I could be feeling, is prob a lot better than some alternatives. I've also stopped being able to eat meat. How wierd is that? I can eat it in non-identifiable forms, like chicken salad, lasagna, etc, but I can't seem to make myself eat a piece of chicken or fish. I'm hoping this passes soon because I know I need the protein. I see a lot peanut butter in my future.

I went and took a finishing class at the Yarnhaus on Wednesday. It was really really helpful. I hope that she offers some more finishing classes in the future. And, she had just gotten in a ton of Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock. Of course, I had to buy some. I couldn't resist.

Uptown is on the left and Layette is on the right.

I'm so in love with this stuff - it is so wonderfully soft! I'm taking a one needle sock class from her tomorrow, and I am going to use Uptown - I'm excited to start working with it.

No baby knitting to show yet, I've got to get my stuff together and I'll take some pictures to post since I finally found the camera. But, here is a picture of the nursury so far. The walls are Pumpkin Chiffon and the sky is Cumulus (both colors by Pratt and Lambertt). It isn't a very stellar picture, but I have discovered that it is hard to get a good picture of a room. I love the chandalier (sp?). We are going with the sophisticated baby theme. Mom is sewing curtains, baby bumpers, etc. (Yes, she is thrilled). I'm excited to see how it all comes together!



Have a great Friday!

11 Comments:

Anonymous Leah said...

I am so thrilled for you! All the planning and excitement of a new baby, especially your first, is just so much fun!

Thanks for sharing with us!

BTW, love the Uptown!

11:52 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

That's going to be a beautiful nursery!

If you like cottage cheese, it's an excellent source of protein. Yogurt is pretty good, too, especially the Stonyfield Farms yogurt. I remember the first trimester well...it was hard finding things I wanted to eat when I was pregnant.

12:16 PM  
Blogger KnitPastis said...

The baby's room is going to beautiful. I can tell already. Can you drink Ensure comes in cans & small plastic bottles for your protein? www.ensure.com They taste really yummy and are very healthy for you. Get the one with the most protein. I love all flavors, Vanilla, chocolate, Butter Pecan and a few others. Ask your doctor about this first of course. They sell them at Walmart by the pharmacy area. It 's just a nutriental drink supplement. Got get my self some of the Lorna's Laces in the Layette color. That is such a sweet color. If you need anymore infor..just hollar at me. Hopefully after your three months you will start to feel better again.

1:16 PM  
Anonymous Leah said...

congrads! YAY! This is just so exciting! I hope you feel better soon. Love the yarn and the room looks amazing. Good color choice. Can't wait to hear more! Balance bars have a lot of protien, taste yummy and are low in fat!

6:18 PM  
Anonymous wendy g said...

Love the new LLyarn and the classes sound great. The baby's room is going to be so pretty.

6:39 PM  
Anonymous Beth said...

Congratulations on your baby! I love your color choice for the baby's room. This is such an exciting time!

6:31 AM  
Anonymous Emily said...

Pumpkin Chiffon sounds delicious! The YarnHaus has LL? I foresee a trip to Mobile in my future...

6:59 AM  
Blogger amanda said...

I was tired, dog tired, my first trimester with all three pregnancies. Luckily I never had morning sickness -- I'll take tired over throwing up anyday. I'm sure you'll find things to eat and you'll probably find that your likes (and dislikes) will change during the course of your pregnancy. Not being a big meat eater to begin with I do eat a lot of yogurt and protein bars like Khashi. Your nursery is going to be wonderful!

7:50 AM  
Anonymous elisa said...

Quinoa is also a really good source of protein (as are lots of beans and lentils and such).

I don't think it's surprising at all that suddenly you'd not be able to eat meat. Identifiable meat can be well, scary. And I'm not even pregnant! ;)

The nursery will be absolutely lovely, I am sure. :)

8:06 AM  
Anonymous Shelley said...

So exciting to hear your news! I loved being pregnant, until the last week or so, and then the anticipation was over the top. Now, with 12 grandchildren, I'm still knitting those baby blankets. Be sure to hang on to your favorite patterns!

9:53 AM  
Blogger Debi said...

How about some sliced Turkey or chicken breast from the deli? Not so "meat looking" but pure protein!

I love the color you chose for the nursery but you knew I would love anything pumpkin :)

11:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home