Wednesday, March 29, 2006

A Wee Little Hat



How cute is that?! It is the first baby hat I have made for Baby Bell. It is also the second test knit item for Figheadh. I started it last night and finished it up this morning. I think it is pretty darned cute. The pattern was pretty easy to follow and it would be a great first project for working on cables, and using the cabling without the cable technique really helped it go a lot faster! It is with Cascade 220 Superwash, which is FABULOUS! I haven't washed it yet, but it is really great to work with. It's super soft and doesn't really split at all.

I'm planning on starting the baby bonnet tonight and it should be equally as cute! Go check Jen's stuff out!

10 Comments:

Blogger Ruth said...

oooh, cute cute cute!! you can make a larger version for yourself and it would look great too =)

1:28 PM  
Blogger emily said...

Cute hat! Baby things are so sweet. I haven't tried the Cascade Superwash - thanks for the tip.
I like the idea of matching hats, Ruth

1:53 PM  
Blogger sUsAn said...

That is so sweet!

2:01 PM  
Anonymous Leah said...

Very, very, cute! And you gotta love the quick knit!

2:12 PM  
Anonymous wendy g said...

Very cute hat and I know there is more to come.

3:49 PM  
Blogger Shelley said...

That is soooo cute! I love making baby items...they are quick and almost instant gratification type projects. I just finished my first pair of baby socks (in pink) the other day and posted the pic on my blog. They were fun to make and I will expect that I'll be making more of those too!

5:58 PM  
Anonymous Beth said...

What a sweet hat! I really like that pattern.

9:39 PM  
Blogger KnitPastis said...

The hat is so cute and you are really good at doing cables!!! Love the color too.

4:11 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

How precious. Baby Bell is going to be so well-dressed!

12:41 PM  
Blogger Lulu said...

that is so adorable!!!

7:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home