Friday, April 07, 2006

Warming Grace

Good Morning everyone!

I'm sorry I haven't been around much this week, the camera isn't functioning (aka Gracie needs to go and get batteries) so I haven't had too many pictures and posting isn't as fun without pictures. But, I've been working on a baby blanket and I also decided to start a different pair of socks for my sock pal. Yes, I'm starting over with a month left. I really stopped liking the Wildfoote yarn. It didn't end up being soft enough and parts of the yarn were really thin. So, I started over with some Austermann yarn that has aloe in it, it is super soft. I'm doing a basic cheveron patern, and I am much more pleased with the results, which is what is important!

Oh and go and check out Amanda's blog for details on Warming Grace. She is a little girl who is undergoing chemo who loves pink - a girl after my own heart! The squares are 5*5, so not too big!

I am off to the big ATL for a week, so I should be back around Easter. This time I won't disappear too long because I've got a horticulture class that I am taking at South Alabama. Should be fun!

Have a fabulous weekend and great week everyone!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Shelley said...

Have a fun and safe trip! My parents are part of our local horticulture society and they love it. I'm sure you'll enjoy your class if it is something you are interested in...and I'm sure you are otherwise you probably wouldn't be taking the course!

I'm working on a baby blanket too (crocheted), but not sure if I'll give it to one of the pregnant ladies at church or under the mitten tree at Christmas...guess it depends when I get it done. It's just a simple pattern, but will serve its purpose!

9:46 AM  
Anonymous Leah said...

Have a good trip Gracie. Altanta should be beautiful right now!

10:45 AM  
Blogger amanda said...

Have a fun trip! Hubby was just saying he wanted to go back to Atlanta soon so he could eat at Ted's Montana Grill. Have fun with your family!

6:53 AM  
Blogger KnitPastis said...

Have a great time in Atlanta seeing your family!

5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home