Tuesday, May 09, 2006

I think I've lost....

.... some of my knitting mojo. I haven't knit in over a week, which is why I really haven't posted because I've got nothing to show for it! I've been so tired lately, that I haven't really felt like knitting. How sad is that? But, now that the first trimester is finally over with (yay!), I am hoping I will get back in the swing of things. I also think I'm a little overwhelmed by what I want to knit for the baby that I don't feel like I can get it all done. And, all the cute summer patterns are coming out and I can't knit any of them because I'll be too big! However, the new IK has a maternity top that I think I am going to make whenever it comes out.

Despite the non-knitting progress, we have made a little bit of progress on the house. I have 29 boxes of bamboo floor slats sitting on the landing upstairs. My dad is coming Memorial Day weekend and going to help Philip lay floors upstairs. I'm so excited. We also got the office/guest room painted this weekend as well. It is no longer an ugly shade of sparkle purple, but a creamy white color. Much better!

Ok, I'm off to clean the house for a bit and then I think I'll try and sit down and knit!

14 Comments:

Blogger Debi said...

Don't be so hard on yourself Gracie! Knit when it feels right and just enjoy this incredible time in your life :)

2:36 PM  
Anonymous caitlyn said...

It's totally okay *not* to knit all the time! When you are excited about knitting, it's so much more enjoyable! Hopefully you will regain more of your energy soon.

3:18 PM  
Blogger KnitPastis said...

Heck Gracie, it's normal to be so tired especially in the beginning, just wanting to take naps. You just do whatever it is you feel like. You can just post your thoughts on here! I know I for one love hearing about how your doing and the new things you are getting done around the house! So, don't worry about trying to post knitting stuff right now. We all love ya!! PS. Yeah, that would have been nice to have met you up at the festival for sure!!

4:35 PM  
Blogger Ruth said...

sparkle purple?! =P
it's ok to be on a knitting break. pregnancy can interrupt alot of things, completely natural! take care of yourself first! =)

4:53 PM  
Blogger --Deb said...

Well, you ARE knitting together a baby . . . surely that counts! I mean, there's only so much creative energy to go around....

5:40 PM  
Anonymous wendy g said...

Everybody needs a break every now and then and you are working hard on the house. Can't wait to see the new floors.

6:33 PM  
Blogger Shelley said...

I think I would like sparkle purple walls...of course purple is my favourtie colour so that might have something to do with it.

7:28 PM  
Blogger amanda said...

Don't worry! The fatigue will pass soon. Your body is just working overtime helping that baby grow big and healthy.

I rec'd the new IK yesterday and the maternity pullover is adorable! I think you'll have fun with it:o)

7:29 AM  
Anonymous Leah said...

you must be so excited Im so happy for you! you definatly have a glow to you and you look really happy! congrads!

10:22 PM  
Blogger Charisse said...

Picture updates. How big are you now?
And how do you feel?

1:14 PM  
Anonymous Rob said...

You've got so much going on, it's not surprising that you are not focusing on knitting. but hey, you've also lost your Knitters Review blogring button -- I got to your blog via the ring.

12:46 PM  
Anonymous Leah said...

Aww we miss you! Blog Soon!

9:10 AM  
Blogger Christy're said...

Update please! :) More bump and dog pictures when you have a chance, I want to see your bump and my dog wants to see yours!

Hope all is well, everythings fine here.

8:38 PM  
Blogger sUsAn said...

Hope all is well, Gracie! Miss you!

10:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home