Wednesday, June 21, 2006

I heart the mailwoman

Mail call!! I was the lucky 1000th comment on Wendy's blog and won a prize. Well, the lovely mailwoman came and brought it to my house today - did you know that they had to wear latex gloves? At least they do here even though I have no idea why someone would do something to someone around here, after all it is little Saraland, AL. But, I digress. Check out what lucky girls Catherine Claire and I are.


A fabulous knitting bag that is going to be great for going to SNB, 2 balls of pink Regia (and who would have thought that me, the pink lover that I am doesn't even have pink socks for herself yet?!), and the cutest little onsie.


I apologize the shadow of my big fat head. But, is that not the cutest?! I squealed when I saw it. Olive thought I was a little nuts. I can't wait to see her in it!!

Thank you so so so much Wendy! You have spoiled me so and are wonderfully generous. Thank you for making my day!

And, in a little bit of knitting news, I made one of the flower washcloths from Weekend Knitting. I've got 2 showers this weekend in Auburn and I am making them for her godmothers. They are adorable. I want to get the other one finished this afternoon and then I'll take pics. They are a nice easy project, I think they have taken right around 3 hours to do.

9 Comments:

Blogger Jenifer said...

What a nice present! And I think that you look great, too! Very glowing. I love the name Catherine Claire, too ... classic and elegant.

1:48 PM  
Blogger Jenifer said...

Oh, and PS, I wanted to say that the technician told me with my daughter "We're pretty sure that it's a girl, but I'd keep all the tags just in case ..." As it turned out, they were right! Phew, after all that pink stuff.

1:49 PM  
Blogger --Deb said...

Aw, they're so nice!! Congratulations.

Oh, and Sandi, my mailwoman, also wears latex gloves--blue ones--although she strips them off before she pets Chappy. She always stops to pet Chappy! All the more reason to like her....

2:31 PM  
Blogger amanda said...

What a yummy package! I love the little onesie!

4:47 PM  
Anonymous Brenda said...

I love the bag! What a lucky gal you are! I was going to name my daughter Catherine . . . but I had two sons instead . . . neither of whom would have been crazy about the name Catherine ;)

9:20 PM  
Blogger sUsAn said...

Congrats! Adorable onsie!!! Fun winnings!

7:56 AM  
Anonymous wendy g said...

Gracie,
Glad you liked the package!

8:53 AM  
Blogger Lolly said...

Such a great package!

Catherine Claire is a beautiful name, Gracie!

12:38 PM  
Blogger Shelley said...

Congrats on winning the contest! That onsie is sooo cute!

As far as the mailmen/women go up here, I don't think they wear latex gloves. I suppose after those threats a few years back of anthrax they don't want to take any chances. Better safe than sorry.

8:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home