Tuesday, June 13, 2006

A little home improvement, and a little bit of Olive....

So, no knitting pictures, but I've been working on a sweater that I am designing myself. So far it is super cute. I've finished the fronts and the back, and I am working on the sleeves. But, this is what we have been working on for the past few weeks.

Catherine Claire's Room

It looks a bit better now than the picture, I've put some stuff away. But, check out the bamboo floors! Don't they look great?! I was really proud of Philip and my Dad. It is so nice not to have ugly carpet there anymore! I discovered that we have a lot of tiger stuffed animals. At least they aren't elephants!!

The pool room!

The new thing is the tile floor that Philip and I laid. It took us 5 long days, but it is so worth it. There was ugly carpet down there too. We do have to paint the walls though. The room also looks a wee bit different, the pool table was installed yesterday. Philip was happier than a kid in a candy store. I'm not a pool person, so I def wasn't as excited as he was. But, it is nice that the room has a purpose now and once we get it a little more fixed up it will be nice. There are 2 french doors that lead out to the pool, so it will be really nice for parties.

And, finally, Olive!

I have never been so mad at her as I was last week. We came home from our Bradley childbirth class to find yarn strung all over the house. She had gotten into some of my yarn (that she didn't used to do) and had fun with it all over the house. I was LIVID. Philip quickly removed her before I blew a gasket. I haven't rewound it yet, but she has been leaving my yarn alone since then.

10 Comments:

Blogger Ruth said...

great job on the baby room - it looks great!!

12:50 PM  
Blogger --Deb said...

Oh dear. Olive!! How old is she now? Don't forget that they're still puppies until 18-24 months....

1:52 PM  
Blogger --Deb said...

And, yes, the nursery is looking great!

1:52 PM  
Anonymous Leah said...

It's hard to be mad at such a cute puppy face, but I can understand. The yarn stash is sacred!!

Nursery is looking great, Gracie!

2:27 PM  
Blogger amanda said...

Your nursery is going to be beautiful! I adore your bamboo floors :o)

6:54 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

The rennovations look great! Olive looks like she's trouble :)

2:45 AM  
Anonymous elisa said...

Oh my - but she looks so *cute* after being so bad...

All of your home improvements look terrific, Gracie, you'll be welcoming Catherine Clare into a lovely home!

6:05 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

Your floors look beautiful! Our neighbor installed bamboo floors last year and loves them. They're supposed to be very hard and very easy to maintain. Weird how you can make hardwood floors and yarn out of the same substance!

CC's room is going to be lovely, too. And, naughty, naughty Olive. Hope she learned her lesson. =)

7:02 AM  
Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

What cute pics of your baby girl! and look at her room :) great job.. and you chose a beautiful name for her..(same spelling too)

8:17 PM  
Blogger Elinor said...

The baby room looks great! You inspire me to do something baby-related. I'm 31 weeks and I haven't lifted a finger to prepare. Yikes. If this continues, the baby will be sleepin in the hall. *sigh*

9:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home