Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Mental Health Monday

So, after our busy week and weekend, Olive and I took a mental health day on Monday. So, we were pretty lazy and we slept and knitted. Ok, so Olive mostly slept.

But, we had a really great weekend with my friends. We hung out, talked and went to the beach.


My friend Laura and I.

My friends were so sweet and gave me a surprise shower. They were so proud that they pulled off a shower in my own house.


My gifts from the shower. The little book is so cute, you put pictures of people who love the baby. I know it is going to get pretty full fast. Olive already said that she wanted to be on the first page.



I've started feeling my knitting mojo come back a little. You know how I can tell? I started 2 projects this weekend and abandoned some of the other ones temporarily.


May I present, the Jaywalker socks. I'm so far behind the times, I'm just now knitting these. I'm also really really behind because these are my mom's Mother's Day socks for this year. I think I'm going to keep them pretty short and start turning the heel sometime today. I really like the pattern, it is fun, goes pretty quickly and easy to memorize!


It doesn't look like much, but eventually it will look like the Lacy Ribbon Tie Cardigan from Knitting For Two. I'm hoping to have it done by our trip to LA in July. The bottom is stretchy so it should stretch over my belly as it gets bigger, and I should be able to wear it after the baby is born. It is nice to be able to knit something for myself. I was feeling down about it because I know my body is changing that I didn't see the point in knitting anything. But, thank goodness for ribbing! I'm hoping to get the socks whipped out in the next few weeks, so all I have to concentrate on is the baby stuff and my sweater.

5 Comments:

Blogger --Deb said...

Sounds wonderful!

And yes, judging by that photo, I think Olive SHOULD be first. Doesn't she look sweet!

1:30 PM  
Blogger amanda said...

Sounds like a fun weekend. And we had that same little book for the kids -- it was great since we live far from family and the kids could look at pictures and put names to faces. I'm with Olive -- she needs to be the cover girl.

2:10 PM  
Anonymous wendy g said...

What a fun weekend and a surprise shower too! The socks and cardi are really coming along.

6:32 PM  
Blogger Charisse said...

YAY.. Baby shower. looks like fun.
Hope you are feeling well.

5:41 AM  
Blogger sUsAn said...

What a fun time! And a shower too?! Great friends & goodies!

7:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home