Monday, July 17, 2006

Blankets and Bellies




I finally feel like I am making progress on Catherine Claire's baby blanket. So far, I've got 17 inches - yay! It is supposed to be 32 inches, which means that I technically have about 15 more to go. I don't think I'm going to make it another 15 inches. I'm thinking about stopping around 24-26ish. What do yall think? I know blankets come in all different sizes, but do we think that 24ish is enough? I'll suck it up and take one for the team and go to 32 but, for some reason it seems a bit big to me. And, I'm also just ready to be done with it. Next time, I use a much bigger yarn. But, I'm really pleased with it so far. Here is a closeup of the lace...



I've had a couple of little mistakes here and there, but nothing worth frogging. I think it is going to be really pretty when I finally get it off the needles.

And, as requested by Yantis, belly shots. These are 24 week shots - I can't believe how time flies. Please excuse the crappiness of how I look in them, it has been clean house and do laundry day!

14 Comments:

Blogger Charisse said...

you look so cute. your carring so nicely. I love the blanket.
Dont know what we are having yet so im afraid to knit something blue because then I will be having a girl it's just the way it goes.
so im gonna wait till i know what we are having to knit anything.

11:15 AM  
Blogger Lynda said...

You're so cute! Sadly, my belly looks like that now, three kids and 20-some years since the last one.

Maybe I ought get to the gym and get the M&M's off my desk!

Catherine Claire's baby blanket is gorgeous! How sweet it's going to be to wrap her up in it and take her home!

11:27 AM  
Anonymous Kathy said...

The blanket looks so pretty! I think 24" should be fine, if it's something you'll put over the baby. The larger size would be wrappable though.

12:16 PM  
Anonymous Beth said...

The blanket is beautiful! You're doing such a nice job on it.

2:02 PM  
Blogger amanda said...

Aren't you cute with your bump? And the blanket is lovely -- I think 28" is plenty!!!

4:48 PM  
Blogger --Deb said...

You both look adorable!

4:50 PM  
Blogger Christy're said...

Yay!!! You are so cute!!!

I vote for the smaller blanket; she will throw up on it anyway so there's no sense in exhausting yourself. And then when she's older she'll drag it everywhere and bring home frogs in it and etc etc. All that beautiful knitting!

7:28 PM  
Anonymous Shelley said...

Look how big that baby is getting to be! A smaller blanket is so handy, it's just she'll outgrow it sooner. But it's not like it will be the only blanket you'll ever make for her!

11:02 PM  
Anonymous Leah said...

The blanket is beautiful! It will be a wonderful momento for CC for years to come!!

Looking so cute with the bump!

11:17 PM  
Blogger KnitPastis said...

Yay, for the cute belly shot! Oh, wow, the lacy blanket is stunning Gracie. Catherine Claire is going to be cherishing this blanket you made for her forever.

5:55 AM  
Blogger Mitchypoo said...

Oh quit, you are adorable! Is that an outy you have already on your baby bump? The blanket is beautiful. I say, make it as big as you want and are comfortable with, if you aren't sure, put it down for awhile and then decide. (Am i encouraging UFO's?) You'll know when it's done.

3:17 PM  
Blogger Shelley said...

Awww, you look so cute! I love your lace work on the blankets. I think the bigger ones are used as crib covers mostly. I've had a pattern I'm made several blankets from and it's a crib cover - a little too big if you ask me. I've made it shorter and have never had any complaints. When you get to the 24 inches, hold it up or lay it on the floor and see if it's a lenth that looks good to you, and then stop there. If not, then got a little more.

5:08 PM  
Blogger yarnophiliac said...

You look great! Sorry, I've been lurking for a bit, but sending you great thoughts the whole time. My first was a little girl -- you are goingto have so much fun. love, Heather

9:56 PM  
Blogger del said...

The blanket is coming along beautifully! I say stop when you feel like stopping--I've made blankets before so I know how tedious it gets. Congrats on the belly!

12:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home