Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Jaywalking Along



Pattern - Jaywalker from Magknits by Grumperina
Yarn - Lorna's Laces in Tidal Wave
Completion date - July 4, 2006
Recipient - my mom

Yipee! Finally a completed pair of socks! It took a whole lot less time to do these than the ones for my sockapalooza pal, but I guess I can contribute it to morning sickness! I really enjoyed this pattern, I know why everyone was working on it before. It goes really quickly and looks really great. And, the pattern is memorizable.

Of course, I started another sock. The ones for the Toasty Toes swap! Aren't we all impressed by the ahead of the gameness that I am?! I wanted to get them done since there may be a new baby living in our house around the time of the due date. I know I'll be a little more relaxed about getting these done than Mom's really really belated Mother's Day socks. I think they will be a nice alternative to a baby blanket.



I'm using the Oriel pattern from Sensational Knitted Socks. It is a fabulous fabulous book, I think a must in every sock knitter's library, IMHO. This is the first time I'm doing them toe up and I really like it. It will be nice to be done with the foot first thing. The lace pattern was a bit challenging at first. You have to YO before you purl, and that was a bit tricky to get a handle of since the YO tend to slip out of place a bit or get to tight. How does the pattern look to yall? It looks pretty good to me, but I know I have been looking at it alot! And, I know it can be a bit hard to see.

10 Comments:

Blogger --Deb said...

They look lovely!

10:30 AM  
Blogger Kathy said...

I admire your ability to crank out a pair of socks like that - the Jaywalkers look great!

11:41 AM  
Anonymous Beth said...

I think the pattern looks great and the colorway is beautiful on the socks you are knitting now. And your completed socks look terrific!

4:11 PM  
Anonymous Leah said...

It's gorgeous Gracie, and I am very impressed with your ahead of the gameness!!

4:50 PM  
Anonymous wendy g said...

Your Jaywalkers look great and I know your Mom will love them. The Oriel pattern(and the yarn choice) are going to be beautiful. Hope you had a god 4th.

6:21 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

I love the jaywalkers (great colorway), and the Oriel sock is just beautiful! You have a lucky swap pal.

9:27 AM  
Blogger Lynda said...

Woo Hoo - your Jaywalkers are great! I LOVE the colorway of your new socks!

3:33 PM  
Anonymous Leah said...

pretty pretty! Love the socks.

7:27 AM  
Blogger amanda said...

Your mom will love the Jaywalkers! And the Oriel socks are in a very pretty colorway -- I'm so impressed you've already started!

11:35 AM  
Anonymous Allison said...

Your sock pal's first sock looks lovely! I especially like the color you chose. Seeing that quite a few people have gotten theri Toasty Toes socks started, I realize I should at least get around to choosing a yarn...

10:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home