Thursday, July 20, 2006

So, besides the famous blanket, I've got a couple of other projects in the works. I started a baby jacket from Special Knits by Debbie Bliss. So far, it is turning out pretty darn cute! Although, Debbie Bliss occaisionally smokes crack and her pattern hasn't made complete sense, but with the collective minds at SNB, I've done pretty well with it. It is my Tuesday night project because it is easy to work on and chat at the same time.



I modified the colors a little bit because I'm not using the Cashmerino. So far, so good and unfortunately no pink will be on the jacket. However, there are a ton of other cute things in the book that I am feeling pink for!



And, we also have progress on my Toasty Toes socks. I've finished the body of the foot and started on the gusset decreases. It is my first toe up sock and I am so proud of it. I'm really enjoying doing socks this way!





I'll be MIA for the next week and a half. I'm going to Atlanta for a baby shower my mom is hosting for me this weekend and to drop Olive off and then it is off to California for a wedding! We are going to be in LA and then to San Diego (cause I wanna go to the zoo) and enjoying our last vacay as just the two of us!

Have a fabulous day everyone!

13 Comments:

Blogger spread your smile said...

hi, i like your blog, and i would love for you to contribute a picture of yourself smiling to my new blog! check it out at :

http://www.spreadyoursmile.com

if you like the idea, tell your friends to send me one too :)

3:48 PM  
Blogger Lynda said...

That sweater is toooooo cute! That's the way I envision my first Fair Isle project - small... I've never tried it yet!

4:47 PM  
Blogger amanda said...

cute sweater but you are right on about debbie bliss. her patterns sometimes aren't the easiest to decipher. your sock looks great!

have a great trip and enjoy your time together before baby!

5:00 PM  
Blogger Mitchypoo said...

Gracie, I'm in LA, email me if you have a free moment and want to meet for tea or something...If I don't hear from you, HAVE FUN!

Love the sweater, it's adorable.

5:18 PM  
Anonymous Kathy said...

See, now, I wouldn't think that fair isle would be good to work on while chatting. At least not for me. I can barely do garter stitch in one color and talk at the same time!

The sweater will be darling though.

6:05 PM  
Blogger --Deb said...

They look wonderful.

Have a wonderful time at the shower!

8:57 PM  
Anonymous Beth said...

Have a great time at your shower! It got a little cooler this evening, so hopefully it will be nice when you are here. And your knitting looks great!

10:46 PM  
Anonymous wendy g said...

Love the baby jacket and your socks. Have fun in Atlanta and on your trip to the west coast!

8:16 AM  
Blogger Lolly said...

I love the little sweater! Great colorwork too!

Lucky you going to the west coast! I love it out there ;)

Safe travels!

10:08 AM  
Blogger Creative Genius? said...

Oh I wish I knew you were coming to Atlanta... I'll be home Sat night and would love to meet you! Give me a shout when you get a chance and I'll send you my # for the next time you're in the area! Have a great vacation!

-AL

11:25 AM  
Blogger Shelley said...

I love the sock pattern and colours. I haven't done the toe up socks yet.

Can't wait to see the baby sweater completed. It's going to look so cute!

8:32 PM  
Anonymous Leah Zizzo said...

The socks are cute and I can't wait to see the jacket finished!

11:25 PM  
Blogger Teyani said...

great sock! I haven't braved the toe-up (yet) but am looking forward to trying it.
That baby sweater is going to be gorgeous.

10:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home