Wednesday, August 09, 2006

LA and San Diego Pictures!

I'm sorry I haven't posted in a few days, I've gotten a cold, so I've been taking it easy for the past few days. I'm trying to take one for the team and not take any meds and it has made getting over it a little more difficult. Olive and I have been taking it easy and been making baby hats. However, let's move on to pictures...

We flew in Wednesday afternoon and hung out around Old Pasadena, so no pictures from that. I think I fell asleep in the hotel at around 8:00. I was def tired.

Our first stop was Huntington Gardens in Pasadena.



The gardens were beautiful even though it was really hot.



I don't know if yall recognize this, but a scene from the Wedding Planner with Jennifer Lopez was shot here in the sculpture garden. The big fountain is at the other end.



Us!


We also went to the Gamble House which is famous for its Greene and Greene architecture. We couldn't take any photos inside, but it was beautiful.

On Friday we went to Venice Beach and the Art Museum, and we didn't take pictures at either place. We did have a good time. The Art Museum was fabulous.

Here is a crappy picture of us at Ghiradelli's after we had sushi with friends.

I think I was def tired!!

Saturday was filled with Wedding stuff but we did make it to Chinatown for a bit.


There isn't too much exciting stuff there. A lot of tourist shops and some resteraunts. We didn't eat lunch there, but the food is supposed to be good at some of the hole in the wall places.

Here are a couple of us before the wedding. I didn't get any during the wedding, I'll post a few when the pro pics come out.





I really liked my dress. My mom was supposed to make me one but didn't get a chance to, so we got this one at Nordstrom. It was actually a non-maternity dress. Which is great cause I'll be able to wear it after Catherine Claire is here.

Sunday we had dim sum with some of Philip's college friends. I had never been before and it was good. It was def an experience to be in a place where I didn't speak the language!

We then drove down Highway 1 to San Diego. We went to the beach. Philip got in but I didn't. The water was freezing! Much colder than it is here.

We spent the whole next day at the San Diego Zoo. It is the best zoo I've been too. I don't think you can really cover it in one day, but we did our best. Philip took a ton of pictures, most of which weren't too great. But, we of course had to get a picture of the tigers.


It was nice to see Aubie's relative all the way out in California.

And, I thought the panda bears were adorable as well.
Sunday we had dim sum with some of Philip's college friends. I had never been before and it was good. It was def an experience to be in a place where I didn't speak the language!

We then drove down Highway 1 to San Diego. We went to the beach. Philip got in but I didn't. The water was freezing! Much colder than it is here.

We spent the whole next day at the San Diego Zoo. It is the best zoo I've been too. I don't think you can really cover it in one day, but we did our best. Philip took a ton of pictures, most of which weren't too great. But, we of course had to get a picture of the tigers.


It was nice to see Aubie's relative all the way out in California.

And, I thought the panda bears were adorable as well.

Isn't he the cutest?!

We saw a bunch of other great animals and had a fun time walking around the park.

The next day we flew back to NOLA and then drove home. It was nice to be back in the South!

That is the trip in a nutshell!! I'm off to nap! I hope that everyone has a great day!

2 Comments:

Blogger Christy're said...

Love the dress!!! You two are so cute. How's the pregnancy going?

1:11 PM  
Blogger Mitchypoo said...

Oh my gosh, you were so close! Glad you liked So. CA and you are just too cute in that beautiful dress and handsome hubby! Woowoo!

2:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home