Wednesday, August 23, 2006

A little busy....

Things have been a little busy around here getting ready for Catherine Claire and doing other things around the house. Much progress has been made on her room.

If you recall before, clothes and other baby paraphanalia were scattered all around the room. Well, it now looks like this ~



Still not completely finished, but it is well on its way. Mom is sewing the baby bedding so that has to wait a bit, and I need to find a bookshelf and a rocker. I've got to scope that out around town. I put her big girl clothes in boxes under the crib which will be hidden by the dust ruffle. And, the rest of her clothes are in here -



My beloved pink (now white) dresser. I still need to get some nobs for the drawers so I can actually close them!

And yesterday I found her changing table for a whopping $65! I found it at Kids Wearhouse a children's consignment store. I got really lucky because as I was paying for it, some other woman wanted to buy it. Ha! We would have had to wrestle to the ground for it because it was a really good deal.



I went to SNB at the Yarnhaus last night and it was nice to see everyone since I had not been in forever! And, the fabulous Kathleen made Catherine Claire a cute little dress.



Is that not so darn cute?! It is from Debbie Bliss' Baby Knits for Beginners. I love it and I can't wait to see her in it. I think I might have the best dressed baby in Mobile (but then I'm a little biased!).

I got some work done on her jacket and then worked on it a bit this morning. It is a nice change of pace from her blanket.



I'm up to dividing for the front and back. Yippee! I really like how quickly baby knits go, but it will be nice to work on some big people clothes after awhile.

11 Comments:

Anonymous --Deb said...

That's just way too much cuteness for one post . . . and you haven't even reached a point where you can put "real" baby pictures up yet! (Because, trust me, we all know she's going to be absolutely adorable when she arrives for her close-up.)

1:31 PM  
Blogger Mitchypoo said...

What an adorable baby room/nursery, it's so soothing and i adore the chandelier. The Debbie Bliss dress is way too cute! And I love the color combo on the sweater! I'm so excited for you!

2:23 PM  
Anonymous Leah said...

Cuteness overload! And pink, pink, pink all around! In my opinion, you can always have more pink!

This is so very exciting!

3:12 PM  
Anonymous caitlyn said...

The room is beautiful and soothing, Gracie! You put together a lovely new home for Catherine Claire.

3:59 PM  
Anonymous wendy g said...

I am so impressed with the progress of Catherine Claire's room. The dress is darling as well as the her jacket. Will ya'll be going to any games this fall? Looks like AU has a lot to prove.

5:54 PM  
Blogger Shelley said...

Catherine Claire's room looks great! You guys did a wonderful job on it.

That little dress is so cute! And I bet she will be the best dressed baby in Mobile too.

7:59 PM  
Anonymous Beth said...

CC's room is beautiful! I love the wall color. And great score on the changing table!

9:43 PM  
Anonymous leah said...

The room looks great! I love the changing table, and the dresser - i cant wait untill this room as catherine claire in it! I hope you are feeling well, and the little dress is adorable. The debbie bliss is so cute!

8:41 AM  
Blogger sUsAn said...

How sweet her room is! And that little dress is to die for!

10:29 AM  
Anonymous brenda said...

That little dress is adorable! What a sweet, cozy room to go home to.

7:48 AM  
Blogger Christy're said...

Soooooooo cute!!!!! You're gonna have the best dressed and roomed baby in all of Alabama!

9:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home