Saturday, September 09, 2006

A little football knitting.....

It has been one busy week at the Bell household! We ripped out carpet and had carpet installed this week. It looks so great and the cat smell is gone! The smell had started to come through and it is nice to have it gone!

But, I did manage to get a little knitting in this week to finish a sweater.



Pattern - Jacket from Debbie Bliss' Special Knits
Yarn - Dreambaby DK by Plymouth
Start Date - July 2006
End Date - Sept 2006
Recipient - Catherine Claire

I think this is one of my favorite things I have ever knit. It is just so darn cute. I still need to get a ribbon for the sweater to weave in and out. I knit a 12-18 month size, so I am sure she will get a lot of wear out of it. I'm still not totally sure of baby sizing yet, but I know I will have plenty of opportunities to learn.

I picked up this pattern at the Yarnhaus last weekend and started it last night. I have decided to knit it entirely continental to see if I like it better.



Here is the progress so far...



So far so good. It is a little slow going and I keep thinking that I could be much further if I knit my old way, but I figured that I'm not going to get any better if I don't make myself do it. I really like the knit stitch continentally, but I am struggling a bit with the purl stitch. So, my question to those who are more experienced, which finger do you move the yarn with on the purl stitch. I looked at the Knitting Help videos and she uses her middle finger and I am just not coordinated that way. So, I've been trying to move the yarn with my thumb or my pointer finger. I can't decide which way I am more comfortable with. I don't know which one would be more helpful when I have to rib or if it is six and one half dozen of the other. Any thoughts?!

Ok, back to the game! I hope that your team wins this weekend (except Bama, they are playing my undergrad alma mater, Vandy, and it would be nice for a Vandy win but I'm not holding my breath). War Eagle!

11 Comments:

Blogger Christy're said...

Go Dores! :)

I tried to email you but it didn't go through. Are you sure that email addy isn't fully? (the one listed on this blog)

I want to send Catherine a present but I don't see you registered anywhere! Is there a yarn you want or something? Otherwise I will just pick something *I* like and you can just like it or lump it...:)

2:16 PM  
Anonymous caitlyn said...

The baby jacket is *adorable*!! I hope that down the road, we will see a photo of Catherine Claire modeling it for us!

4:45 PM  
Blogger --Deb said...

That sweater is adorable!!

5:15 PM  
Anonymous Beth said...

I really like your finished sweater and the one you've started! I haven't tried continental yet. I admire you for trying something new like that. It does seem that it would feel awkward after being used to English.

8:05 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

That sweater is too cute and the new one is adorable too! Catherine Claire is gonna be one stylin baby!

Sorry Grace, I use my middle finger to purl continental...maybe if you keep trying with your middle finger it will start to feel more natural? Good Luck! :)

10:27 PM  
Anonymous Kathy said...

So. Darn. Cute! And I love that pullover pattern. CC is definitely going to be a well-dressed baby!

9:05 AM  
Blogger amanda said...

Cute sweater for CC! If I put in my request will you knit one in my size? Only kidding!

9:48 AM  
Blogger Shelley said...

Catherine Clair's little sweater is simply beautiful!! I love it!

Is there a difference with the stitches in the two different methods? I'm not sure what method I do - or if I do either of the lol!

5:54 PM  
Anonymous Emily said...

heehee A "little" knitting. Sweet little jacket!

10:23 AM  
Anonymous sprite said...

What an adorable jacket! You did a terrific job with it!

2:17 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Ahhhh, I love that jacket! I have that book and that pattern has always caught my eye. Great job!

7:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home