Friday, September 15, 2006

Off to the Lovliest Village on the Plains

Philip and I are off to Auburn today for a fabulous weekend of football. We are playing Amanda's Mr. C's favorite team, LSU. Now, while I know that Mr. C is a lovely man, but I hope that we pound his football team into the ground and show no mercy. However, the sensible part of me thinks that we have the possibility of loosing because we are both pretty evenly matched. We are ranked 3rd and I'm not sure what they are, but it is high. Auburn fans don't like to be ranked to high because we think it jinxes us. However, I am hoping that we come back with a win, but as long as the game is good, all will be well. And, as long as we beat Alabama at the end of the season, life is good.

I finished the Victorian t-shirt last night for Katie Claire and it is so darn adorable. I'll take pictures this weekend. I've decided that the blanket and I need some time apart and I won't be bringing it with me. I'm sure some TT socks will be traveling and maybe a grown-up project.

Have a lovely weekend everyone!!

WAR EAGLE!

6 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

Have a great time at the game!

7:25 PM  
Anonymous wendy g said...

War Eagle!! We're off in about 45 minutes.

5:18 AM  
Anonymous Leah said...

Woo-hoo! Another college football fan!

Love it!!

10:28 AM  
Blogger Creative Genius? said...

Oh I am so jealous.... I wanted to go to the UF-Tenn game tonight but I am on a no-travel rule (since I am past 32 weeks) and even though we are just a few hours away from the game my hubbie said no-go! I think he was just worried about taking his really mouthy wife into enemy territory -- 8 month pregnant and can talk trash better than most NYC garbage men... yea not a good situation!

You have fun and cheer hard for me!

:-) Alison

11:13 AM  
Blogger amanda said...

hehe...I laughed when I saw your post. Mr. C is feeling pretty cocky, my dad is a bit more nervous (though he says he'd feel much better about it if the game was later in October). I actually kicked Mr. C out of the house this afternoon so he can go watch the game elsewhere and the kids and I can avoid the screaming and armchair coaching. The man can get obnoxious!

2:13 PM  
Blogger KnitPastis said...

Have a great time you guys at the game. I grew up Louisiana so gotta say GO Tigers and for you War Eagle!
Can't wait to see the little t-shirt you made!

7:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home