Thursday, September 21, 2006

Third Time's A Charm!

I've decided that I have Knitting ADD. Yes, I started another project. I needed to do something besides baby knitting and do something for myself. So, I started this shrug by Plymouth using Royal Bamboo.



It has been a bit of a frustrating start, but I finally got it right with the correct needles. I started with an 8, which was too loose and then ripped it out at Knit Night, and tried it with 7s. Well, I took that home and worked on it, and then went back to the Yarnhaus the next day and it was decided that it would be better to rip it out and try it on 6s. MUCH better! It will fit so much better because there is nothing worse than spending time on something to have it not work in the end.



Ha! Bamboo yarn on my bamboo floor!!

6 Comments:

Blogger --Deb said...

It's a nice little sweater. And yes, the worst part about making handknit sweaters is that there's no way to try them on first. You can plan and measure and cross your fingers, but there's always that chance that you'll finish something beautiful, try it on, and . . . eh. Hopefully that won't happen to you!

1:32 PM  
Blogger Lolly said...

I am glad you found the right needle size - that can be frustrating! it is a lovely color ;)

1:45 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

Cute shrug! it will lokk adorable on you Gracie!

5:53 PM  
Blogger Shelley said...

That shrug is going to look great! Love the colour you chose as well.

7:07 PM  
Blogger amanda said...

All the frustration is a sign that you'll really love this shrug when it's finished! Beautiful color!

8:39 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

I like the shrug--I have noticed that pattern every time I see it in the yarn catalogs.

1:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home