Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Victorian T-Shirt



Another baby FO! Excuse Olive, she was a little jealous that I wasn't taking a picture of her.

Pattern - Victorian T-shirt
Pattern Source - Oat Couture
Yarn - Plymouth Dreambaby DK
Recipient - Catherine Claire

I think this is one of my favorite things I have knit for her. It was super fast and easy, and the detail at the bottom is great. I think it took me a week total to knit it, but I wasn't working on it every day. I love this yarn as well. It is soft and even better it is inexpensive and washable! I knit it in the 6 month size and I am sure I will knit it in a larger size for next winter. I know it is going to be a really versatile part of her wardrobe. I will be making it for other babies.

I finished a grown up shrug this weekend and not happy with the way it looks. It looks good, just not on me. I'm going to block it and see how it goes, but it will probably go to my sister for her birthday.

I started Clapotis (not that I don't have enough to knit) as a break from the blasted baby blanket. I think I am probably the last knitter alive to knit this, but I am pleased so far with it. I'm using some of my yarn from Brooklyn Handspun that is fabulous and I think is going to be beautiful. There of course is a lace shrug at the Yarnhaus that I have been eyeing and I may start as well. I think I have project ADD and I just keep feeling the need to knit something for an adult. I think I've had so much baby stuff lately that I need a bit of a break.

Olive and I are off to the Post Office - I have discovered the joy of selling books through Amazon.

11 Comments:

Blogger --Deb said...

Well, really, there haven't been enough Olive pictures lately . . .

You should take a look at the USPS website--not only can you buy the postage for an outgoing package, but you can also request a pickup by your regular mail carrier . . . no need to go to the post office! (I love that service....)

2:52 PM  
Anonymous Beth said...

I haven't knit Clapotis yet, if that makes you feel any better. :) I love the way your latest baby project turned out.

3:57 PM  
Blogger amanda said...

I love that you can just see her peeking in from the side! She must have quite a personality :o) The top is adorable -- CC is gonna be one well dressed little girl!

4:19 PM  
Anonymous Leah said...

Sooooo cute!! Catherine Claire is going to be stylin'!

8:01 PM  
Anonymous wendy g said...

The t-shirt is too cute. Clapotis is a fun knit and something you will enjoy wearing.

8:38 PM  
Blogger Lynda said...

That is SOOOO cute!

9:32 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

No Clapotis for me either but I do have the same T as Catherine Claire in a fluffy size! Yours is adorable!

I second Deb's recommendation of USPS.com!!! Click-n-Ship is the best thing since sliced bread!! You can get the packing stuff for free (altho it takes about 2 weeks to arrive) and set up postage, insurance and a next day pick up right from your puter!! It rocks! :)

5:32 AM  
Blogger sUsAn said...

Such a sweet handknit t-shirt!

7:25 AM  
Anonymous Allison said...

I haven't knit the Clapotis yet either, though I've been considering it for MONTHS. I just haven't gotten around to it. Maybe seeing yours will get me going!

8:18 AM  
Blogger Teyani said...

what a beautiful victorian t-shirt! lovely.

10:09 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

Oh no, I haven't knitted Clapotis yet! So you're not the last.

I also use click n' ship and it's great. But, sometimes I'd like a break from the computer and go to the PO just to have a change.

I love the Oat Couture baby tee. So much prettier than what the name implies!

11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home